Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Mario Kart Wii Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I don't know if this one has been asked before, but when I start Mario Kart Wii is states data is corrupt, so I elect to create a new data/save file in the game but the game then states that it can't access the Wii system.

All I managed to glean from the internet was publically available data.bin files which I believe are save files from the console itself.
Dolphin uses *.sav files if I understand it correctly.
Starting the game and importing a data.bin file (correct region) doesn't do anything.

Do I need a proper Dolphin save file to kickstart the game?
Does anyone have any tips as to what to do, please?

Thanks,

R.
You probably improperly updated your dolphin; just extract a fresh dolphin folder and it'll work. This error happens if you delete your Wii Folder; this particular game needs files in those folders in order to generate a save file.
Also are you trying to use savestates across different revisions? Because that isn't going to work.
Ok, still no good. Thanks for the replies.

I deleted Dolphin main folder and the folder in My Documents. Then started with a fresh copy of Dolphin and let it create new folders.

If I right click and open Wii save folder for Mario Kart Wii, all I have is banner.bin and ryksys.dat.

With the game running and stuck at the 'cannot read Wii system' screen, I can access Load / Save state in Dolphin.

Puzzling.

Not sure what to do next, any more help appreciated.

Thanks,

R.
This may be a bug in Global User Directory. Try using a build prior to that merge and seeing if it works.
Thanks JMC,

I found a site called wiisaves.com (hope I can mention that) and found a publically available save file about 16kb in a .rar file. Unzipped and put that where it should go and the game starts fine.

The Dolphin version i'm using is the latest x64 version. Good stuff, learning all the time.

Thanks,

R.
JMC,

Just read again what you said. The other games i've tried can and do create save files, even from a fresh re-installation. But Mario Kart Wii doesn't.
3.5-2546 is the version i've got, I tried a random older build, 3.5-2280 x64 by copying over the top of 2546, that didn't produce results.

This is what's in the Mario Kart Wii folder..........

C:\Users\Roccat\Documents\Dolphin Emulator\Wii\title\00010004\524d4350\data

banner.bin
index.sgmgx
rksys.dat
wc24dl.vff
wc24scr.vff

Thanks,

R.