Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How can I config Dolphin Exactly for me
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Plermpel

Hello,
I'm running Dolphin on my AMD A8-4500M with intergrated Graphics 512MB and external AMD Graphics. And I wan't to Play New Super Mario Brother Wii, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong Country Returns but all games have less than 25fps and the Sound is stuttering terrifying (no difference between HLE and LLA). My Processor is only runnig at 60%. My Question is, how can I config Dollphin to consider me?
THX@ALL , Plermpel

Specs.:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD A8-4500M + Radeon HD 7640G 500MB
AMD Radeon HD 7670
2x4GB SAMSUNG RAM 1600MHz
Edit.: I'm playing on a 37inch FullHD TV

sry4my bad english
New Super Mario Bros. Wii is probably the only game you're going to be able to play at full speed with that processor. Make sure your laptop is plugged in and the power settings are set to high performance. Also, make sure your "dolphin.exe" is set to high performance in Catalyst Control Center.

Plermpel

But why isn't Dolphin using my whole CPU Power. Even in Mario Bros. I'll get about 20fps more on my old Pentium D 945.
Single threaded performance of Intel CPUs are higher than AMD CPUs, and Dolphin is a dual core app (tri core if you enable DSP on Thread), the extra cores of your AMD CPU doesn't help that much...
Permpel Wrote:I'll get about 20fps more on my old Pentium D 945.

Not a chance. And this is coming from someone who owned that exact cpu. You'll get worse speed on that pentium D then you're getting now.