Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Transfer of statesaves
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Lorenzo83

Good Morning everyone, a little question from France in bad english. When you play a game on a version of Dolphin, then at a moment you save your state to continue later, so that's OK; but if I load a newest version of Dolphin and want to play the same game, do I have to restart it from the beginning or can I transfer the savestate in the new version. I tried to do it simply, but when I start the game with the new version and then push F1 to load, Dolphin stop running , telling me that there's a mistake or something like that (I don't remember exactly the message, but it stops running, for that I'm really sure). So thank you to all the people who give me and answer (good or bad) and see you later. Lorenzo
If you create a save state with an older version of Dolphin, newer revisions will probably be incompatible with the save state. Changes in Dolphin code from revision to revision can affect save state compatibility. Your best option, when switching between revisions, is to use in-game saving, e.g. saving like you would on a real GC or Wii. Dolphin emulates the GC memory card and the Wii system memory.