Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Graphics Card good for dolphin???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

Bren

I'm Wondering if this graphics card works well with dolphin before I buy it

SAPPHIRE 100323-2L Radeon HD 6570 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Link http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814102994
A precious treasure for lightweight and some average GC/Wii games. Probably lucky with a low number of demanding ones.

Anyway, why are you planning to buy a card that handles DDR memory modules instead of GDDR, that is faster?
(Probably you can´t handle one of those ones with GDDR?)

And finally, if you take a closer look, that´s an embedded card. And embedded things sometimes don´t work well.
It's similar to what I have in my laptop, so I can tell you that most games will be able to run at 2.5xIR. Some will even be able to handle 3xIR. Don't expect to use any Anti-Aliasing, though.
Which games are you planning to play?
That's a mis-print by Newegg I'm pretty sure. That chip is only paired with GDDR. There's a GDDR3 and a GDDR5 edition. This is the former, I assume.

The problem with this card is the memory bandwidth, which is really low (28.8 GB/s). If your budget is small, this will probably do better for Dolphin, believe it or not:

https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-al...g-new-rigs

It's not a good long-term investment since it's only a DX9 GPU while this is a DX11, but Dolphin doesn't require many DX11 hardware features yet. Eventually it will drop DX9, so that's something to consider too. However, by that point I don't think that 6570 will be keeping pace anymore.
Unfortunately, DX9 is set to be dropped very soon. You'll want to get something that supports DX11.
The Radeon HD 8000 series is a good choice, and it supports DX11.
The HD 8000 series doesn't exist yet and won't exist for another few months. Low end 8000 series cards won't be available for another year.
(09-12-2013, 09:38 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]The HD 8000 series doesn't exist yet and won't exist for another few months. Low end 8000 series cards won't be available for another year.
@NaturalViolence: The latest of the HD 7000 series, then?
If the OP's goal is to play mid to high end games on the current editions, the selected card is a poor choice. If sub $60 is the price point, I don't think there are any 7000 series that are going to fit the requirements. Best bet might be a ~$40 card that works well until 4.0+ when hopefully the higher end 6 and 7000 series come down in price.
Pages: 1 2 3 4