Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: 3.5-367
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to put this out there, I just don't understand

when creating an account, it says _explicitly_
Are you using Dolphin 3.5-367? Dolphin 3.5-367 is an old unsupported version. Download the latest version

It seems even still, half of support requests use this older build from the wrong site.
I understand it can happen since the older, unofficial site is generally listed first on Google,
but really, it would appear people just check the box in their profile without reading what it says?

Maybe the thing should be highlighted in red and bold.
To anyone new here, just a friendly reminder:

Are you using Dolphin 3.5-367? Dolphin 3.5-367 is an old unsupported version.

...moving on~
We know, we know. Preaching to the choir here. If they can't see something plastered above every post and thrown in their face when they register, how are they supposed to see a thread about it?

Hopefully 4.0 will help with this.
So nobody on the forum knows Mamario IRL?
Of course not. But why would that matter? He's been contacted by the devs multiple times and has refused to cooperate. There is nothing we can do.
And the last thing we want is him updating his website. The current situation is good and will only get better with 4.0.
Yep. If you're not looking at what the box you're checking off says when you register, you're probably not going to last very long on the forum anyway. You'll probably never read the forum rules and so your improperly created threads will be closed. You'll also probably never read that you're not supposed to talk about downloading games, and so these people will likely be banned on their first day here.

tl;dr: People are either going to read what you have written, or they won't. All we can do is have it there to be read.
I'd say just ban people who use 3.5-367 after having checked the box. Not like they will provide any valuable contribution.
@delroth: Good idea.

But I´d like to suggest to the admins here, if they can establish an "official" support limit, like this:

"Builds older than (say, 3.5-1900s) are no longer supported here, if you are using an old Dolphin version, click this URL (then the official Dolphin URL) to update your build",

in the register formulary.
"Official support limit" = Not the current development or release build.
BTW, changing the current forum notice "The Dolphin website has a new home!" that appears in any forum page with "Dolphin 3.5-367 is not the latest version of the emulator!" would be more efficient... The wiki replaced the "new home" with the "3.5-367" thing a little ago...
Pages: 1 2