Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem with input
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Bydor

Hey,

Me and a friend are trying to play several games netplay on the Dolphin 3.0 and 3.5 emulator, but in every game we get in the start menu, and we cant continue, we've disabled the duo-core, we've put 2 controllers in the options for both the wii and the gamecube, but we just dont know what to do anymore, can someone help?

Thanks!
Use the latest version, and if that doesn't work, try actually explaining what's wrong.

Bydor

(09-10-2013, 06:41 AM)RachelB Wrote: [ -> ]Use the latest version, and if that doesn't work, try actually explaining what's wrong.
We've used the latest version, and this happens:

We start up the game via netplay, the game starts fine, no lag or anything, but when it gets to the 'press start' or 'press A+B' screen, we can't get past it. We've tried everything, we do have 2 Wii controllers setup in the options, and in single player everything works fine, this problem only occurs on netplay for us.
Read the info on the netplay window... Wiimotes are not supported in netplay, in master. Wiimotes are implemented in a branch here https://dolphin-emu.org/download/list/wiimote-netplay/1 , but don't ask me for help if you can't get it to work.
(09-10-2013, 07:14 AM)Bydor Wrote: [ -> ]We've used the latest version, and this happens:

Saying that you've used the latest version might not be helpful if you don't actually know what the latest version is. What is the full number of the build you've used?
The netplay guide is too outdated for new builds of dolphin. All you need to do for netplay in latest builds is setup your controllers, make sure your memory cards are synced, and play.

As for Wiimote netplay, it is possible, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rSSsvNHbVc, and can be done. Just make sure each player sets of the wiimote they connect at in those builds.

I won't go into much more detail for Wiimote Netplay, as it's very, very involved.

3.5-2300 or newer should work without much setup at all for Gamecube games, though.