Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Memory Cards/ Saving Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing Spyro A Hero's Tale, and was going to use the state saves as I have used them with other GC games on dolphin and they've worked perfectly fine. However, when loading the Spyro state file, Dolphin just froze so I'm guessing it's the game and not Dolphin.

The advice I'm guessing I'd get was to use in-game saves. However when I do it comes up with 'wrong device in slot A' and I can only continue without saving (which I don't want to do!).

I went on Tools > Memcard Manager (GC) and Browsed to choose MemoryCardA.USA.raw but then I get an error message saying 'Failed to read save data (0xA000-) Memcard may be truncated' With this I have no idea what to do, but it's really starting to annoy me, I've looked everywhere online with no success.

I'm using a Mac if that's of any help!

Thank you Smile
You likely corrupted your data by using savestates, if you upload your memory card you might be lucky and someone can fix it, assuming you've saved at all XD. If you didn't save just make a new memory card to save on.
Protip: Don't use save states in Dolphin. They aren't nearly as stable as they are in the average SNES emulator.

Another protip: use Time Machine or put your memory card in Dropbox so you have a versioned backup of your memory card in case it ever gets corrupt.
(09-09-2013, 10:48 PM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]You likely corrupted your data by using savestates, if you upload your memory card you might be lucky and someone can fix it, assuming you've saved at all XD. If you didn't save just make a new memory card to save on.
I don't care about fixing the memory card really, I just have no idea how to make a new memory card D: please can someone give me some advice?

I try not to use state files but if you read my first post I don't have another option as it's not working Tongue
Just use slot B instead, now if that doesn't work, you're in trouble :p
Nope, nothing works with regards to saving in-game
Does it say the same thing when you only have a card in slot B?
Wait, I'm slightly confused, are on on about in dolphin's memcard manager or in-game?
I don't thing the memory car manager will help anything, but I'm talking about Settings > GC > Slot B > Memory Card, make sure nothing is in slot A.
I'm so confused :') nevermind, I'll just not save at all! Thanks anyway

Wait I did it, the game now comes up 'no memory card found in slot A'

Okay i've fixed everything now :') thank you !