Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can't Play Skies of Arcadia Legends W/O Audio Lag?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Requiesta de Silencia Wrote:What were your other specs because it lagged when Fina had that flashback after she was rescued by Vyse in the games...opening thing...must...spoil...nothing...for...random...guests...

My specs were the same then as they are now (see my profile). The only difference was that I didn't OC my i5-2500K. Others have mentioned the Fina flashback slowdown, but when I played, it was fullspeed. The intro used to lag with LLE audio, but even then it never sank below 20 FPS (had to use the VBeam Speed Hack with LLE audio to get fullspeed). On HLE audio, everything ran fine.

Requiesta de Silencia Wrote:I switched over to the dreamcast emulator, NullDC, and it seems to work perfectly. But I ran into something very specific/interesting that I thought might help the dolphin developers. In the AICA plugin for NullDC I tried setting the sound buffer size to 4096 from 2048 and it caused the same audio lag I'm having right now in dolphin. But when I switched it back to 2048 all was well.

It just says to me that either your computer struggles filling a sound buffer twice as large in NullDC or NullDC itself struggles filling a sound buffer twice as large. Can't say either for sure. Audio lag in Dolphin, however, is always caused by not being able to run the game at fullspeed, either due to a CPU bottleneck or a GPU bottleneck.
Pages: 1 2