Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: USB Microphone Support?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

edisleado

Has there been any indication that Wii game USB microphone support is in the works for Dolphin? I've searched for microphone threads on this forum, but most of the posts are from years ago. I'd love to finally be able to play Rock Band and similar games with a singer to complete the crew. As of now, there's no complete music/rhythm game on the PC, so Dolphin seems like the best way to finally have it.
There is some preliminary code for USB microphone support in the wiispeak branch. I have improved the code (adding hotplug support and fixed the voice detection) but have not committed it into the branch. I wanted to fix Wii Speak device support but I got stuck.

Bottom line, no USB microphone support in Dolphin 3.5-XXXX yet.

edisleado

(09-08-2013, 05:53 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]There is some preliminary code for USB microphone support in the wiispeak branch. I have improved the code (adding hotplug support and fixed the voice detection) but have not committed it into the branch. I wanted to fix Wii Speak device support but I got stuck.

Bottom line, no USB microphone support in Dolphin 3.5-XXXX yet.

Nonetheless, it's good to hear that some progress has been made. Hopefully you can complete it. Thank you for the reply! Any chance we'll see it a near-future version of Dolphin?