Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: hardware good enough..???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Dear fellow Gamrzz,

This is my set up see below. Is that good enough for dolphine..??

My laptop is the Toshiba qosmio X300 W13.

Thanks allot Wink

According to allot all sources I should be able to OC up to 3.2 Ghz
Just gotta find out how to do it :$ (A) Speczs:

CPU
type : Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9300
clock speed : 2.53 GHz
Front Side Bus : 1066 MHz
2nd level cache : 12 MB

Graphics adaptor:
type : NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS with NVIDIA® SLI™ technology supporting TurboCache™ technology
memory amount : 2x512 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 1,791 MB total available graphics memory using TurboCache™ technology with 3 GB system memory)
memory type : GDDR3 (800 MHz) Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
connected bus : 16x PCI Express

http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-pr...-x300-13w/

Also According to allot of sources I should be able to OC up to 3.2 Ghz
Well if I found the right one then it looks like your laptop and my old gateway p-7801u have almost the same specs. If so I'd recommend you build a desktop or get a better laptop. Your gpu is good enough but your cpu is way too slow. It can run wind waker/ssbm and nsmbwii and similarly demanding games at playable speeds but anything more demanding and it will start to bog down.
(09-08-2013, 02:14 PM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]Well if I found the right one then it looks like your laptop and my old gateway p-7801u have almost the same specs. If so I'd recommend you build a desktop or get a better laptop. Your gpu is good enough but your cpu is way too slow. It can run wind waker/ssbm and nsmbwii and similarly demanding games at playable speeds but anything more demanding and it will start to bog down.
i'm sorry !! I was tired and I had been a long day.. !!
this is what I have... (Theres also a link at the bottom of the description)

CPU
type : Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX9300
clock speed : 2.53 GHz
Front Side Bus : 1066 MHz
2nd level cache : 12 MB

Graphics adaptor:
type : NVIDIA® GeForce® 9800M GTS with NVIDIA® SLI™ technology supporting TurboCache™ technology
memory amount : 2x512 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 1,791 MB total available graphics memory using TurboCache™ technology with 3 GB system memory)
memory type : GDDR3 (800 MHz) Video RAM (resp. Video RAM and system memory combined)
connected bus : 16x PCI Express

http://www.toshiba.co.uk/discontinued-pr...-x300-13w/
(09-08-2013, 02:14 PM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]It can run wind waker/ssbm and nsmbwii and similarly demanding games at playable speeds but anything more demanding and it will start to bog down.
Yeah, it will be slightly better than what I thought it was but will have similar performance. You'll want to use HLE audio on many games, efb->texture, etc. With your gpu though you should be able to play with 2xIR on many games. It will give you decent performance, but like I said mainly lightweight games will run smoothly. Once you try to run demanding games (Super Mario Galaxy, Last Story, Metroid) it will slow down a lot.
(09-09-2013, 01:56 PM)garrlker Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, it will be slightly better than what I thought it was but will have similar performance. You'll want to use HLE audio on many games, efb->texture, etc. With your gpu though you should be able to play with 2xIR on many games. It will give you decent performance, but like I said mainly lightweight games will run smoothly. Once you try to run demanding games (Super Mario Galaxy, Last Story, Metroid) it will slow down a lot.

Heey dude !! Thanks !! Smile but I've been trying to get the settings right but apparently they you don't
Love me back : ( I've been watching youtube and searching forums for about 10 hours in total while adjusting settings. But still we live in extra slowmotion vill !! It really sucks (a) like my use to be great toshiba Sad.
But I know I shouldn't be asking this but what setting do yah think would work...
For let's say james bond night fire, lara big tits, nice ass Legend, Zelda Wind Waker, and medal of honor series.

Thanks bro I owe you Wink
https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ance_Guide

your laptop is too slow for most games. wind waker, super smash and new mario bros wii should work
I'm thinking dolphin 3.0 would be the easiest to use for you Tongue
(09-09-2013, 03:58 PM)Verix Wrote: [ -> ]https://wiki.dolphin-emu.org/index.php?t...ance_Guide

your laptop is too slow for most games. wind waker, super smash and new mario bros wii should work
I'm thinking dolphin 3.0 would be the easiest to use for you Tongue
Hahaha thanks dude !! :Big Grin !! It's my cpu right ?? How much Ghz should I have to play most games? Smile

Im gonna try to overclock him Smile.

And why 3.0 ?? :p due to my lack of knowledge (a) XD ??
(09-09-2013, 04:13 PM)jos_moes Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha thanks dude !! :Big Grin !! It's my cpu right ?? How much Ghz should I have to play most games? Smile

And why 3.0 ?? :p due to my lack of knowledge (a) XD ??
New generation (Sandy/Ivy/Haswell) 3+Ghz works OK for a good many of games,
you should be able to play pretty much anything demanding with haswell i5 4670k ~4-4.2Ghz
unfortunately, older processors like yours need more Ghz for the same performance.

3.5 has improvements over 3.0, but requires some tweaking,
for example Wind Waker on 3.5 uses EFB to RAM and LLE audio by default which can't be changed easily:
you need to go to Game Config and change those so that EFB to Texture and HLE audio work for better (less accurate) performance,
you also need "Sync game to audio" with wind waker using HLE audio
thus, 3.0 is less complicated Big Grin
(09-09-2013, 07:34 PM)Verix Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-09-2013, 04:13 PM)jos_moes Wrote: [ -> ]Hahaha thanks dude !! :Big Grin !! It's my cpu right ?? How much Ghz should I have to play most games? Smile

(09-09-2013, 04:13 PM)jos_moes Wrote: [ -> ]And why 3.0 ?? :p due to my lack of knowledge (a) XD ??
New generation (Sandy/Ivy/Haswell) 3+Ghz works OK for a good many of games,
you should be able to play pretty much anything demanding with haswell i5 4670k ~4-4.2Ghz
unfortunately, older processors like yours need more Ghz for the same performance.

3.5 has improvements over 3.0, but requires some tweaking,
for example Wind Waker on 3.5 uses EFB to RAM and LLE audio by default which can't be changed easily:
you need to go to Game Config and change those so that EFB to Texture and HLE audio work for better (less accurate) performance,
you also need "Sync game to audio" with wind waker using HLE audio
thus, 3.0 is less complicated Big Grin
thanks !! and If I over clock my CPU to 3.4GHz Would That do the trick (A) ??Tongue
Pages: 1 2