Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Bluetooth 4.0 Wiimote Compatibility/Lost Winds Performance/Subversion Stability
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am in the midst of transitioning from a real Wii to Dolphin. I have copied all my save games to an SD card and successfully imported them into Dolphin. A co-worker with a modded Wii is ripping my games for me. I am about to purchase a sensor bar and a bluetooth dongle. I have a few questions:

1. I have googled unsuccessfully for a list of Wiimote compatible Bluetooth 4.0 devices. At http://wiibrew.org/wiki/List_of_Working_...th_Devices the list seems to contain primarily 1.0/2.0 devices with only a few 3.0 devices. This includes a Kinivio BTD-300 that is listed there as working perfectly with no additional hassle. An amazon review makes the same claim. All specific bluetooth 4.0 devices I have googled indicate either they do not work or require a great deal of hassle. Does anyone have a link to success stories or a list of bluetooth 4.0 compatible devices? The Wiimotes in question have intrinsic motionplus which some people claim is a pain but can potentially be rectified with the Toshiba stack.

2. To test out that the save imports worked, I tried out the only wiiware game I cared about retaining from my Wii: Lost Winds Winter of Melodias. The save games were there, but the game runs at about 75% speed in general. I checked the wiki and googled for info about the game on Dolphin, but there was nothing about its performance. I found it super odd the game would run at something other than full speed when everything I have run goes at full speed (including all GC and PS2 games I own; especially considering the load PCSX2 requires since the PS2 had such an odd cpu architecture to emulate whereas the GC had a PPC and ATI I believe). Does anyone know about Dolphin's performance with this game, or am I about to be in for a rude awakening when I start emulating a Wii? I am upgrading to an Ivy Bridge Extreme soon on my Windows 7 machine (when Intel freaking announces them any day now) so the hardware would not be an issue eventually, but I want to know if there is something I am missing here about emulation performance that is unique to the Wii.

3. Is there a clean or intrinsically supported way to play a Wii game in Dolphin with a classic controller where the game has no actual classic controller? I know I could probably go "emulated wiimote" and then map the classic controller buttons to the wiimote and nunchuk (or use my F310 or 360 controller or whatever), but I was wondering if there was a natural/simple method. There is a Wii game called "Tales of Symphonia: Ratatosk something or other" which demands the use of a wiimote and nunchuk but is total garbage to play with them.

4. Does anyone have an idea which one of the subversion revisions for Dolphin made within the last few months would be qualified as the most stable?

Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide.
1. Any reason you want bluetooth 4.0?

2. Specs?

3. Try glove pie

4. Just use latest, dolphin 4.0 is coming soon and I doubt much is going to change
1. For any advantages one has with more recent technology.

2. I thought this was why I filled out all that annoying information when registering, but primary machine running dolphin has a windows 7 ultimate install and i7-920/550 ti/sata ii ssd for install location/x58 chipset mobo/6gb ddr3 1600 9-9-9-24. Nothing is overclocked. I am on my ubuntu laptop and red hat desktop at work at the moment so I cannot look anything up more in depth for the windows desktop.

3. Thanks.

4. I was hoping it was coming soon but since I will have to do an OS reinstall on my windows 7 desktop after replacing the mobo and cpu, I was hoping to save time on emulator reconfiguration. see also: pcsx2 and 1.1 coming soon
I bet to say that any Atheros based bluetooth 4.0 device works flawlessly with Dolphin. I'm using a BT+Wifi combo card AR5B22 and everything works perfect, even with four players. My brother have an atheros based bluetooth 4.0 USB stick on his computer and never had a single issue... Some friends in my classroom also uses atheros based BT with Dolphin and they also never got issues
Thanks for the heads up, but I can only find internal network wireless adapters+bluetooth by atheros and not usb dongles. I purchased a new wireless network adapter within the last year so I was not looking to purchase another one so soon.
(09-07-2013, 02:51 AM)iamnotyou Wrote: [ -> ]2. I thought this was why I filled out all that annoying information when registering,

You listed many so I didn't know
Ok: I can understand that. I listed them in corresponding iterative fashion because it seemed like such extraneous information and a hassle, so I did not want to have to think about it.

So if a 3.5 year-old mobo/cpu, fairly current memory, and 2.5 year-old ssd is not good enough, then the hardware upgrade should see that through (going to have that sata iii connection for the ssd with the new mobo).

If it is the 550 Ti then I am screwed because I do not plan on upgrading that for another 1.5 years.
If i were you I'd try OC'ing first, your gpu should be fine btw
Reporting back on results now that my setup is virtually complete (co-worker forgot to rip my copy of RE4, and Klonoa/House of the Dead: Overkill seemed to be bad rips but whatever).

The BTD-300 does work auto-magically right out of the box as advertised. That with the USB sensor bar everyone is purchasing off Amazon had me going in no time with my two wiimotes with motion plus. I tried 6-7 of my games on Dolphin with some minor graphics tweaks (4x AA and 1.5 scaling) and they all run 90-100%. However, the four wiiware games I have are all running 60-70% speed, so I am going to chalk up my Lost Winds issue to something with Dolphin doing wiiware titles.

Same revision as before for these tests. So this is good news that the i7-920 generally runs Wii games full speed (hooray Intel CPUs), but at noon Sept. 10 the 4820 was finally released. Once I am confident Newegg has restocked their X79 mobos with BIOS that support the Ivy Bridge E series I can try the wiiware titles again, and if they do not run full speed then something is very odd.

Looking forward to Dolphin 4.0. Now I only wish someone at the PCSX2 forums could decipher my graphics issues with Tales of Destiny 2 (fixed in the latest version of the GSDX graphics plugin = lies)...

jxn150

I have a similar problem I bought a generic bluetooth from China on ebay. It does not see my wiimote at all. It says version 2.0 does it need to be higher to work correctly?
Pages: 1 2