Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Questions about my spec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

LinkvsSangoku

Hello everyone

I have a few questions about the characteristics of my pc and how to optimize dolphin

I have an AMD 9950 Phenom (Quad-Core) 2.6Ghz for processor

My graphic card is an Asus Geforce GTX 650 TIB OC 2Gb

Ram: 4098 DDR2

For some reason (i think it's my processor), i'm running Zelda Twilight Princess (GameCube) at 20Fps (the game limited FPS to 30) or Zelda Four Swords Adventure to 30-35Fps instead of 50FPS

Is there way to optimize the FPS without changing or OC my processor (i can only overclock my proco at 2.8ghz)

i'm running on Windows 7 x64 and Dolphin 3.5-2259

Regards!
Your CPU is Phenom I (which is even slower than Phenom II)
You should upgrade your CPU , it's totally worthless for latest Dolphin
Zelda TP is a demanding game , not even a FX 8350 @ 4.5GHz (OCed) / i5 2500k @ 3.3GHz (stock) can run it full speed (Hyrule Field later part is insanely demanding) . i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz is an ideal CPU for this job
Your biggest speed up would be to go back to dolphin 2 - 3. Dolphin has many advancements since then expecting more demand from the cpu. Do not expect to play it at full speeds especially Hyrule Field.
@LinkvsSangoku
Please participate in this cpu benchmark when you get a chance: https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-th...-benchmark

We have been in need of data from your cpu microarchitecture for quite some time. It would be a great help to us.