Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Problem Installing latest Dolphin on Ubuntu 12.04
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Error: Dependency is not satisfiable: libavcodec53 (>= 6:0.8.3-1~)|libavcodec-extra-53 (>= 6:0.8.6)

D:
How are you trying to install Dolphin? Building from source or using the Ubuntu .debs from the site? Personally, I recommend building from source. The instruction (Dolphin Google Code -> Wiki) are straightforward and the first command on it will pull in all of the necessary dependencies.

Sorry I don't know the exact answer to this error (I stay away from Ubuntu as much as possible) but iys 2 AM over here Big Grin Need sleep.
(09-05-2013, 05:23 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]How are you trying to install Dolphin? Building from source or using the Ubuntu .debs from the site? Personally, I recommend building from source. The instruction (Dolphin Google Code -> Wiki) are straightforward and the first command on it will pull in all of the necessary dependencies.

Sorry I don't know the exact answer to this error (I stay away from Ubuntu as much as possible) but iys 2 AM over here Big Grin Need sleep.

The Debs. I'll try to build from source. Just updated my cmake so i'm pretty sure i'm ready to go.