Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Game stucks like hell
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey guys, so i want to play donkey kong country returns, but the game stacks (very very low fps). What to do?
Full specs? settings?
Intel Core i5 is not a CPU; it's a brand of CPUs that covers several generations of hardware. Give us a specific model. Windows can tell you which one you have exactly. Look around in the Control Panel. Also, we need your Dolphin revision; it's in the application's title bar.

Most likely your CPU is too weak for this game, but we can't say anything for sure until we have all of the information at hand.
I think it's first gen i5 since Nvidia GT 330M is too old . DKCR is a demanding game
My i5 480M @2.93GHz is too weak for DKCR + latest Dolphin . Even with Dolphin 3.5 , I could only manage 45 FPS (average framerate) , not full speed
There is no chance in hell he could make it run half-speed with latest Dolphin
Ok so:

Intel Core i5 M 520

Nvidia GeForce GT 330M

I expirement a lot, i do game development and many things that require a powerfull pc, what do you recomend guys, thanks alot!
dahvrok Wrote:I expirement a lot, i do game development and many things that require a powerfull pc, what do you recomend guys, thanks alot!

Your CPU is too slow for this game. Many modern PC games (and subsequently game development) rely heavily on the GPU for a lot of their performance. For Dolphin, the GPU determines how high you can raise Internal Resolution (for HD gameplay) and AA without creating a bottleneck on the GPU. The rest of Dolphin's performance is largely on the CPU.

Our recommendations? Get a faster computer. If want hardware recommendations, you can create a new thread in the Hardware forum, or I can just move this thread there.
If you can .....get :
_A top of the line desktop : i5 4670k + MSI Z87 G45 + Nvidia GTX 650 / GTX 650 TI Boost / GTX 760 (Recommended)
_A top of the line laptop with extreme edition CPU : i7 4930MX + Nvidia GT 750M / Nvidia GTX 760M / 765M (Recommended if you have 3000$ or more lol)
_A powerful gaming laptop : i7 4700MQ/i7 4702MQ + Nvidia GT 750M / Nvidia GTX 760M / 765M (not really as fast as i5 4670k build but it should be ok for most game)
Hey thanks guys, yes if you would like move this topic, i saw this:http://www.dell.com/us/p/alienware-18/pd.aspx but with full power goes to 5 grand lol.
Stay away from Alienware. They are grossly overpriced. Either build your own system, or use good vendors who let you customize your build (if you don't/can't build it yourself). I got mine from CyberPower for example.
I'm not very good on hardware stuff, and i want a laptop which makes it even harder. I'm not sure if i want to build my own or take a ready one. I just want the most powerfull. You think cyberpower is good?
Pages: 1 2 3