Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Iobit Game Booster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using the game booster and it really helps but, which programs and processes should I leave open and not close. I want it to run as fast as possible but I heard you shouldn't close every single program. i know not close explorer but i mean is there any program that if i close it will reduce the emulator's performance?
(07-30-2009, 07:06 AM)jayzw123 Wrote: [ -> ]I am using the game booster and it really helps but, which programs and processes should I leave open and not close. I want it to run as fast as possible but I heard you shouldn't close every single program. i know not close explorer but i mean is there any program that if i close it will reduce the emulator's performance?

??? Don't Close All the programs, or you risk F*cking Up you PC.
Game Booster will Close all the one's you Don't Need.

&

(07-30-2009, 07:06 AM)jayzw123 Wrote: [ -> ]i know not close explorer..

That's one of the One's your supposed to close..

*FacePalm*

Ok so open Notepad and copy and paste this in...

TASKKILL /IM EXPLORER.EXE /F
TASKKILL /IM SIDEBAR.EXE /F
start /high /wait DolphinIL.exe
start explorer.exe
start sidebar "without .exe"

You get the liberty of being able to save it as whatever you want, just remember to save it as a .bat file.
Simply place it in your Dolphin Folder (Main One)
Instead of clicking on dolphin, click on that .bat file and there you go.
explorer.exe is safe to close as long as you know how to start it again (like with batch file above). Once however it didn't start again for me, in that case open task manager (ctrl+shift+esc) select File>new task
then just type in "explorer"
Should i close Desktop Window Manager, i heard that this is used for visual effects so im not sure if i should...
I closed it, only difference I noticed is that program windows loses the transparency on the top, "visual effects" doesn't sound very important does it?