Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Settings for Wii Graphics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

can anybody give me the settings so that the games in dolphin look exactly (or very close) to how they would like on an original Wii using a component cable?

That would be great Smile

Thank you
Graphics:

General:
  • Fullscreen Resolution: 640x480
  • V-Synch enabled
Enhancements:
  • Internal Resolution: 1x Native (640x528)
  • Anti-Aliasing: None
  • Anisotropic Filtering: 1x
  • Further, uncheck everything but Scaled EFB Coby on "Enhancements" (Though you have to check the Dolphin-Wiki for some settings that are needed, for example if you want to play Super Mario Bros Wii you'd have no check "Farce Texture Filtering")
Hacks:
  • Let the defaults stay as they are (Also here, you have to check the Dolphin-Wiki)
  • EFB-Copies to Texture
  • Texture Cache to Safe
Advanced:
  • Leave
    anything unchecked, though you maybe have to check "Enable Progressive
    Scan" for some PAL games to run at 60fps, but in most cases you don't
    need anything there
If there is anything I missed/wrong, correct me please!

(09-04-2013, 04:06 AM)Södy Wrote: [ -> ].. so that the games in dolphin look exactly (or very close) to how they would like on an original Wii using a component cable?

Depending on what you are running Dolphin (PC/Laptop) and if you want that analog-touch from a component cable also, you'd have to look in the internet if there is something like a HDMI/DVI/VGA to component adapter ..

Btw Södy, may I ask why you want to run it at the Wii's resolution? Smile
@ slax65: That didn't answer his question at all. Most of the settings you provided aren't relevant to the topic at all, and scaled EFB copies should be turned off in the OP's case. And I have absolutely no idea why you're talking about "Force Texture Filtering" in the first place, it should always be disabled when trying to mime Wii output.
Well, then please you give him/her the correct answer

I understood the question like he/she wants to have it looking just like on component cable and these settings I gave should give a very similar result

Texture filtering is needed in SMBW to get shadings correct, why shouldn't I say this? ..
Component cables (red/green/blue for video plus red/white for audio) will output an image that has no noticeable degradation whatsoever, so 1x IR + no other enhancements will look pretty much identical. If you're talking about the composite cables (or, more accurately, RCA connectors; yellow for video, red/white for audio) the Wii comes with, there's currently no way to emulate the signal degradation/artifacts/fuzziness/free AA those bring. You can try writing your own post-processing shader for the OpenGL backend if you know GLSL.
EFB copy should be set to ram and vsync should be off. XFB should be on and set to real XFB. Texture filtering and any kind of graphics enhancements should be off.

@paul
Component will not look identical to DVI/VGA/HDMI/Displayport. Different color space/color gamut as well as being analog. Similar yes, but not identical.
Thank you for your help. I just had the games already but my Wii is coming later this week and I wanted to know, how the games will look Smile
You also could have watched a youtube video in HD