Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Tiny problem with DX11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

bonzobv

Alright, so I use Dolphin to play both Kirby Air Ride and Super Mario Galaxy. With DX11 selected, I get 60FPS and beautiful visuals, 3x internal rendering, 4XAA, all the good stuff. The issue is that whenever the game "transitions" i.e., switches from CGI to true realtime gameplay in SMG or switches from menu to game in Kirby Air Ride, whatever was previously on the screen hangs there while I hear the music and sounds from what I SHOULD be seeing. A quick switch from full to window to full solves this, but it's a bit annoying. DX9 doesn't have this issue, but it runs ten times worse. I'm sure the fix is simple, but... what is it?

Apologies if this is an issue that has already been addressed... I couldn't figure out what to search for to find someone with my issue.

Thanks in advance!!!
Have you bothered trying OpenGL? It may fix your issue, and the "Vertex Streaming Hack" option in Graphics > Hacks usually makes it the fastest backend on Nvidia GPUs nowadays.

bonzobv

(09-03-2013, 12:06 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]Have you bothered trying OpenGL? It may fix your issue, and the "Vertex Streaming Hack" option in Graphics > Hacks usually makes it the fastest backend on Nvidia GPUs nowadays.

It doesn't work as well as DirectX 11 :\

There's gotta be some simple way to get around this, seeing as closing fullscreen then reopening makes it work fine.