Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: None of the N64 VC games seem to work besides Mario 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Every n64 wad i've tried so far says the data is corrupt after pressing the A button on the classic controller. So far, only Mario 64 seems to work, and this is after redumping each game two times. Can someone tell me what I need to enable or disable to get n64 games to work?
Have you tried using a fresh Dolphin folder (one with no save data whatsoever)? Try downloading 3.5 or the latest revision, extract the Dolphin folder, and running the game.
If you were using a VERY recent version there was a bug that did this, try latest
(09-02-2013, 06:43 AM)drhycodan Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone tell me what I need to enable or disable to get n64 games to work?

Not the solution you've been waiting for but you'd better use a N64 emulator (if you can)
N64 emulators actually tend to be more broken than the VC games are in Dolphin, actually, so he has a legitimate reason to do this.
I tried a bunch of my N64 wads, and they are all fine in 3.5-2147. What revision are you using? To my understanding that the classic controller screen issue was resolved before 3.5.

EDIT: Have you run this WADs before? It's possible it's a saving for first run issue or something.
(09-02-2013, 10:46 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]N64 emulators actually tend to be more broken than the VC games are in Dolphin, actually, so he has a legitimate reason to do this.

Well my games work just fine with Project64. The only legitimate reason to use Dolphin is if he owns VC games and not original N64 games
And even then he can extract them if he wants
(09-02-2013, 10:46 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]N64 emulators actually tend to be more broken than the VC games are in Dolphin, actually, so he has a legitimate reason to do this.

Dunno which games you're paying pauldacheez, but N64 emulation has been more or less perfect or very good in my experience with Mupen64Plus, for the most part. Only a couple games that I tried were truly unplayable (DK64, TWINE, Star Wars games) and only Mario Tennis/Golf from my test lot actually play better on Dolphin (no thanks to Camelot's crazy custom coding). The rest were just fine. I tested a whole bunch of games a while back for NV.
I've had enough stupid little issues with one game (OoT) in Mupen64+ (depth issues, e.g. paths somehow looking like they're flat on the ground yet simultaneously appearing semi-transparently over Link's knees, wtf?) that I don't have enough confidence in it to recommend it over the VC yo-dawg approach. Maybe I'm missing a setting or two, but I still hate it more.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6