Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Alert for all people making new rigs!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please tell me that you´re kidding. Why anyone in this world would buy such an old graphics card??? Huh
(09-02-2013, 06:27 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]Please tell me that you´re kidding. Why anyone in this world would buy such an old graphics card??? Huh
Because It can do 4x internal resolution and is the best $40 graphics card right now. I just bought one today.
Pretty sure it can in lightweight games. Why not better the 300 GTX series, or even 700 GTX series? The last one has a very advanced Shader Model (5.0).
(09-02-2013, 06:38 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]Pretty sure it can in lightweight games. Why not better the 300 GTX series, or even 700 GTX series? The last one has a very advanced Shader Model (5.0).
Dude. A gtx 260 core 216 is about the same as a 4870 which makes it able to do it in demanding (not super demanding) games. Plus none of them are even $40. 40 fucking dollars.
Are you sure? Check this, then.
"
Radeon HD 4870 1GB wins

When combining all game benchmark scores on this page together, the Radeon HD 4870 1GB wins overall, by 67 FPS. Please note that we do not have the results of every benchmark ever done for these cards, so the results may differ wildly in different games.
Radeon HD 4870 1GB[Image: percentred.gif] 637 FPSGeForce GTX 260[Image: percentgreen.gif] 570 FPSDifference: 67 FPS (12%)

Link: http://www.hwcompare.com/1775/geforce-gt...-4870-1gb/
I know that it wasn´t tested with Dolphin in the page, but even that card do better than the 260 GTX.
Also, some people doesn´t care about the price.
(09-02-2013, 06:59 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure? Check this, then.
"
Radeon HD 4870 1GB wins
(Based entirely on the benchmarks listed above)
When combining all game benchmark scores on this page together, the Radeon HD 4870 1GB wins overall, by 67 FPS. Please note that we do not have the results of every benchmark ever done for these cards, so the results may differ wildly in different games.
Radeon HD 4870 1GB[Image: percentred.gif] 637 FPSGeForce GTX 260[Image: percentgreen.gif] 570 FPSDifference: 67 FPS (12%)

Link: http://www.hwcompare.com/1775/geforce-gt...-4870-1gb/
I know that it wasn´t tested with Dolphin in the page, but even that card do better than the 260 GTX.
Also, some people doesn´t care about the price.
http://www.anandtech.com/show/2619 Look at this and weep. Equal. Plus the one i'm getting is the core 216 55nm edition. Even better
My 9800GT can handle 3xIR any game . GTX 260 is much faster than that ....@oliverfrancisco you should read GPU requirement thread , it's all about memory bandwidth
The main question is : how long will it last lol . 3 days ? 1 week ? 1 month ? less than 3 months ?
(09-02-2013, 10:07 AM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]My 9800GT can handle 3xIR any game . GTX 260 is much faster than that ....@oliverfrancisco you should read GPU requirement thread , it's all about memory bandwidth
The main question is : how long will it last lol . 3 days ? 1 week ? 1 month ? less than 3 months ?
It is straight from EVGA. If it dies within a year i'll just get a new one.
oliverfrancisco Wrote:Why not better the 300 GTX series,

Because that doesn't exist.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:or even 700 GTX series? The last one has a very advanced Shader Model (5.0).

Because this $40 card achieves the same performance As a $130+ graphics card from a modern series. It lacks directx11 support but dolphin only requires that to do MSAA in the d3d11 plugin. Other than that there will be no difference. And most PC games either don't use d3d11 or have very minimal benefit from it. So it's an excellent deal.

It may be old but it's still pretty fast. Do your research before posting.
Pages: 1 2