Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Does DSP on Separate Thread really work?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I tried it several times but I didn't notice performance improvement at all.
(09-02-2013, 03:48 AM)xemnas Wrote: [ -> ]I tried it several times but I didn't notice performance improvement at all.
Uh, just in case, you do have more than two cores to have this thread offload from the otherwise dual-core system that is dolphin, right?
On a dual-core processor this new thread definitely wouldn't change a thing, no.
If you use an i5 2500K as is listed in your profile there should be an improvement.
Not necessarily. It doesn't work with all games
So it only affects some games? For all the games that I used this option, I didn't notice any difference and eventually unchecked it.
In which games have you used this option?

Also by "DSP on Thread" I supposed you meant "LLE on Thread" (the old name of this option). I mean you'll notice a real improvement in some games only if you use LLE. It's pretty useless with HLE
Yes. I means LLE. I tried it with Luigi's Mansion and Metroid Prime but didn't notice any performance improvement whatsoever.
Make sure you're using LLE Recompiler instead of HLE, as "LLE on Thread"/"DSP on Dedicated Thread"/"LLE on Separate Thread" is useless otherwise. If you already are, ignore me, I just like doing stupidity checks.
For the sake of clarity: DSP LLE recompiler, DSP on Separate Thread, no performance improvement whatsoever.
...Now that just sounds like a case of being GPU-bottlenecked instead of being CPU-bottlenecked like 90% of people are. Are you on, like, 4x IR + 9x SSAA or something? :\
Not GPU-bottlenecked because it's fast with HLE. Do you have speed improvement when using LLE? If so, with which games?
Pages: 1 2