Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: GC Games For Low Spec Computers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Bartalmay

Hello, everybody!

I have a pretty low-on-power laptop for gaming (Lenovo x61, Win8, Duo Core L7500 @1.6ghz, 3GB RAM, Integrated Intel GPU Mobile Intel 965 Express GMA X3100 64Mb), still I want to play GC with Dolphin.
So the question is more or less overall question:

What GC games are easily playable with computer that are not very powerful?

Thanks and hope this thread will help somebody else too!
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-lo...can-i-play

Don't make two threads for the same thing.

"Intel Integrated Graphic Card" doesn't tell us very much. Which one?

With a cpu that slow wind waker will never run close to fullspeed. Animal crossing and timesplitters 1/2/3 are the only games that I can think of off the top of my head that might run at fullspeed or close to it.
Bartalmay Wrote:I have a pretty low-on-power laptop for gaming

Understatement.

Yikes, that CPU... The weakest machine I've ever tested Dolphin on was a T3400 @ 2.16 GHz. Whatever Intel IGP you're using, it's bound to be incredibly weak. With those specs, I don't think you'll get close to fullspeed even in Time Splitters 2, especially not with 3.5 or the latest revisions. Animal Crossing might be viable, however I haven't tested it on my laptop, so I have no idea how it runs on very low-spec machines. It should do alright from what I gather.

Your options for such a low-spec laptop are so slim, you're probably not going to enjoyably be able to play much in Dolphin. You might be better off saving up now to buy something else (or ask for one when your birthday/holiday of choice rolls around). Even some of the dirt-cheap laptops or desktops they push in retail these days will run circles around your current system, in terms of what they can do in Dolphin.

EDIT: Btw, I closed your other thread. Since NV responded to this one, we'll just use it.

Bartalmay

Ah ok, I opened two threads for a reason - a hardware one that is specific to my laptop (I updated the first post for GPU - the card is so random that I didn't see the reason for full specs of it) and a general one, that would be good for everybody. I agree that this one is enough I guess.

So. Thanks for the replies! I really don't need games to run at full speed, I just want to enjoy a bit here and there. I'll give Time Splitters and, uh, Animal Crossing a try and tell you how does it look like. I wish Zelda WW would not have audio problems - I'd play it even thou it runs with 20fps max.

And yes, I wouldnt mind new laptop but this one is so lovely when it comes to traveling and working with it also (it turns into tablet, its super small and robust etc), it's just great : P

J
Animal Crossing runs at full speed with occasional slowdowns on my MacBook Air (1.7 GHz/2.6 GHz dual-core turbo i5-2557M, Intel HD Graphics 3000, OS X Mavericks DP6, Dolphin 3.5). I don't think it's light enough for your laptop, though.

FYI, there are newer convertible laptops with much better hardware than yours all over the place due to the whole Windows 8 touch UI thing. If you have the budget, of course. v_v
Other game you could play with that machine is LuigiĀ“s Mansion, that is also a "lightweight" GC game.

And you should at least run it close to full speed since your processor is stronger than mine: (Intel Core Duo 1.6 GHz versus AMD A6 1.0 GHz that I have).

(Whoops, did I forgot to tell you that I got a new laptop?) Tongue
oliverfrancisco Wrote:AMD A6 1.0 GHz

There is no such cpu currently in existence.
Last I checked, Luigi's Mansion actually runs like shit. I blame OS X and its perpetual dislike of Dolphin and the Intel HD 3000.
The Intel HD 3000 runs dolphin like shit on windows too though.
(08-29-2013, 02:24 PM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]I blame OS X
Booooot Camp, anyone
Pages: 1 2 3