Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: super slow with QUAD6600 + 260 gtx 216 :( please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

neosin

Hi everyone

I recently saw a vid on youtube with a dude playing mario kart with similar specs to mine and he was getting 50-60fps ?

i'm getting 10-20fps in mario kart with

q6600 2.4ghz
3 gigs ram 800
gtx 260 (216)
winxp 32 and even tried on my vista 32

1650x1050 i even tried 320x240 and i get same speeds lol!

i tried all settings in the forum and similar result? the onlt thin i couldn't try is when i right click on the game ico and click properties, it crashes? in both my vista and xp?

can someone with same specs as me tell me what fps they get in mario kart wii? 10-20fps with my specs is kinda very dissapointing... and doesn't seem right Sad

kahnakha

Don't forget to check "Enable Dual Core" from the Dolphin configuration window.
Oh... and btw OVERCLOCK your CPU ffs!
I hear alot about overcloking, you think it would be good with my system? Core2Duo E8400 3,0 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260; WinVista 32 Bit
And what exactly is you do when you ocerclock, are there technical modifications to the PC or some program? Also I heard you need good cooling, I have plenty of fans in the PC so how can I tell if they're not enough?
(04-02-2009, 03:32 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]I hear alot about overcloking, you think it would be good with my system? Core2Duo E8400 3,0 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260; WinVista 32 Bit
And what exactly is you do when you ocerclock, are there technical modifications to the PC or some program? Also I heard you need good cooling, I have plenty of fans in the PC so how can I tell if they're not enough?

For overclocking advice, you're best to search google on overclocking your specific CPU.
Just an FYI... Overclocking voids your warranty. (assuming they can determine that it was overclocked)

Just thought I'd throw that out there for those of you who are concerned with that.

Oh, and it's not a magical "turbo" button... overclocking generally causes instability, and various "anomalies." It takes a little work to get it to function correctly at a new clock speed, and then you have to worry about the CPU heating up and frying the chip like an egg. If you're using a stock cooler, you might want to think about getting a non-stock one. Stock cooling will work for light overclocking, but for more extreme overclocking.. (like taking it from 2.4 Ghz to 3.4 Ghz +) You'll want to get a better cooling solution and have many case fans to keep the case cool as well. (You don't want to overheat the video card or the motherboard or your hard drives just because the chip is causing the case to be warmer)

For moderate overclocking, I recommend Thermaltake or ZALMAN brand name stuff. I have a ZALMAN myself and I wouldn't use anything else for my CPU's.

If you're thinking about doing Extreme Overclocking (4Ghz+) then I would say you're going to need liquid cooling. Never gone that route before... so I don't know any brands to recommend, nor would my recommendations mean anything.

Oh well... Good luck!

rounddodger

(04-02-2009, 03:32 AM)KHRZ Wrote: [ -> ]I hear alot about overcloking, you think it would be good with my system? Core2Duo E8400 3,0 Ghz; 4Gb RAM; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260; WinVista 32 Bit

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

You can get 4ghz out of that CPU with good air cooling.
(04-02-2009, 04:06 AM)Unknownforce Wrote: [ -> ]Just an FYI... Overclocking voids your warranty. (assuming they can determine that it was overclocked)

Just thought I'd throw that out there for those of you who are concerned with that.

Oh, and it's not a magical "turbo" button... overclocking generally causes instability, and various "anomalies." It takes a little work to get it to function correctly at a new clock speed, and then you have to worry about the CPU heating up and frying the chip like an egg. If you're using a stock cooler, you might want to think about getting a non-stock one. Stock cooling will work for light overclocking, but for more extreme overclocking.. (like taking it from 2.4 Ghz to 3.4 Ghz +) You'll want to get a better cooling solution and have many case fans to keep the case cool as well. (You don't want to overheat the video card or the motherboard or your hard drives just because the chip is causing the case to be warmer)

For moderate overclocking, I recommend Thermaltake or ZALMAN brand name stuff. I have a ZALMAN myself and I wouldn't use anything else for my CPU's.

If you're thinking about doing Extreme Overclocking (4Ghz+) then I would say you're going to need liquid cooling. Never gone that route before... so I don't know any brands to recommend, nor would my recommendations mean anything.

Oh well... Good luck!

There's no way for them to tell, just RMA the CPU to the retailer and as long as there's no physical damage you will get a replacement.

Overclocking is not hard, you just need a little patience getting it right so (most importantly) your system runs 100% stable. I have a 2 year old E6600 2.4Ghz running at 3.6Ghz and is completely stable and Orthos/Prime95'd overnight.

That's using a bog standard Arctic Freezer 7 cooler. (about $20)

My next system I'm building is a UFO-2 jobby i7 920, couple 120.2 rads, going for 4.2Ghz+ Smile
I wouldn't overclock if I were you.
You would gain only 1 or 2 fps, void your warranty and possibly break your computer.

Once I updated my driver, dolphin became suddenly slow.
turning anisotropic filtering and antialiasing mode off in the "nvida control panel" I had 28fps in mario sunshine.
Before it, I had 3fps.

For mario kart, I get 38fps.
I have a dual core 2.13ghz.
geforce 8800GT
2gigs ram.
Windows XP.

So as you see, your PC is good enough without overclock to run any game.
Just try to change the options in "nvida control panel".
It can be a different option from me that slow down your system.
Hm well I do manage to run Crysis and stuff on very high and is pretty happy with my system, so all in all probably not worth overclocking for the few frames I miss in some games in Dolphin I guess. I don't really have the knowledge on how to do it safely anyway.

neosin

(04-02-2009, 11:30 PM)omegadrakk Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't overclock if I were you.
You would gain only 1 or 2 fps, void your warranty and possibly break your computer.

Once I updated my driver, dolphin became suddenly slow.
turning anisotropic filtering and antialiasing mode off in the "nvida control panel" I had 28fps in mario sunshine.
Before it, I had 3fps.

For mario kart, I get 38fps.
I have a dual core 2.13ghz.
geforce 8800GT
2gigs ram.
Windows XP.

So as you see, your PC is good enough without overclock to run any game.
Just try to change the options in "nvida control panel".
It can be a different option from me that slow down your system.

which version r u using of dolphin? yeh i think i fixed the problem. it seems that if i put idle skipping on with quantium optimiser on game runs fast but there is crap aftifacts all over the screen? so i have to turn it off and i lose alot of frames?

I play SSBB with idle skipping on and optimiser on i get 40-50fps Smile

Can anyone play mario kart with idle skipping and quantium optimiser on? cos if i have it on i can't see anything when i start a race?
both 2630 and 2745 works for me with idle skipping and optimize quantizers on.Even for mario kart I don't get any artifact.
Are you using openGL?
Pages: 1 2