Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: please some info..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys..
sory to bother you..but im having some trouble with dolphin..
im trying to play 2 games right now..
diseny's epic micky and the last story
they are bpth running but now smoothly
and im understanding that dolphin shouldwork fine
played before some games..like nsmb and pandoras tower
but those games dont seem to run well even if im put my settings with no improvments or things like that at all
(for example: v-sinc,anti analaising, and all those stuff- are off- unless dolphin tell me to put them on- like the audio problem in epic mickey)
my pc is in my signture
if you can help or give some info ill be happy
(i know the things with the dll audio so that the game would run thats not the problem)
the games running but slowly and glichy..
and i think my pc should me good enough for this...
ill be glad to have some opinions/ideas/solutions to this..
TNX
If some run smoothly and others don't, your computer just isn't powerful enough for those last games.

Suggestions to try: (from other thread)
-for (PAL) games that support 50FPS mode, use that over 60FPS mode, it's less demanding (disable EUR60 mode in wii settings, for gamecube hold B when starting up game and select 50 FPS if it pops up)
-run the emulator with a lower resolution (decrease the resolution that your O.S. uses first, and then the one that uses the emulator for the rendering), disable Distance Alpha, disable fog, using EFB to texture (only if RAM EFB is not needed); disable anti-aliasing and decrease the
anisotropic filtering to 1X.

You should also always list the Dolphin revision you are using. 3.5 I presume?
yes but isnt my pc strong enough for dolphin???????
please look at my specs...
(08-25-2013, 04:30 PM)Verix Wrote: [ -> ]If some run smoothly and others don't, your computer just isn't powerful enough for those last games.

Suggestions to try: (from other thread)
-for (PAL) games that support 50FPS mode, use that over 60FPS mode, it's less demanding (disable EUR60 mode in wii settings, for gamecube hold B when starting up game and select 50 FPS if it pops up)
-run the emulator with a lower resolution (decrease the resolution that your O.S. uses first, and then the one that uses the emulator for the rendering), disable Distance Alpha, disable fog, using EFB to texture (only if RAM EFB is not needed); disable anti-aliasing and decrease the
anisotropic filtering to 1X.

You should also always list the Dolphin revision you are using. 3.5 I presume?
I was meaning to correct some of the info that oliverfrancisco posted in that thread, but I may as well do it here.

Quote:(decrease the resolution that your O.S. uses first, and then the one that uses the emulator for the rendering)

You need only decrease Dolphin's internal resolution. Under normal circumstances, your display resolution shouldn't have any impact on Dolphin's performance. Dolphin's internal resolution will have a much bigger impact on performance.

Quote:disable Distance Alpha, disable fog,

Disabling those hardly ever results in speedups, in my experience, least of all speedups that I could measurably notice. Disabling Fog does "fix" some issues with games (Fire Emblem iirc) and it can subjectively increase the graphical quality of some titles. But I've yet to see it speedup anything, even on weak hardware.

Quote:decrease the anisotropic filtering to 1X.

Anisotropic filtering has no noticeable impact on performance at all, even on Intel GPUs that bottleneck Dolphin and cannot run games at 1x IR. For example, I can safely max AF to 16x on a G33/G31 Express chipset and a GMA X3100 (both of which are terrible for Dolphin) without dropping a single FPS (and I don't gain any by setting it to 1x either). Modern GPUs, even ones that are crap, don't struggle with AF.

gilgilon Wrote:yes but isnt my pc strong enough for dolphin???????
please look at my specs...

For The Last Story, no, your CPU is not fast enough to run this game at fullspeed constantly. The Last Story is one of the most demanding games you can play on Dolphin. You'll need overclocked hardware to run it. I'm not sure, but I think Epic Mickey is a demanding game as well. Run Epic Mickey at 1x IR and no AA. If you still get slowdowns, you can probably assume that you have a CPU bottleneck. Again, overclocked hardware may be necessary.
in generally what do you think about my specs? (in the signature)
(08-25-2013, 05:01 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]I was meaning to correct some of the info that oliverfrancisco in that thread, but I may as well do it here.

Quote:(decrease the resolution that your O.S. uses first, and then the one that uses the emulator for the rendering)

You need only decrease Dolphin's internal resolution. Under normal circumstances, your display resolution shouldn't have any impact on Dolphin's performance. Dolphin's internal resolution will have bigger impact on performance.

Quote:disable Distance Alpha, disable fog,

Disabling those hardly ever results in speedups, in my experience, least of all speedups that I could measurably notice. Disabling Fog does "fix" some issues with games (Fire Emblem iirc) and it can subjectively increase the graphical quality of some titles. But I've yet to see it speedup anything, even on weak hardware.

Quote:decrease the anisotropic filtering to 1X.

Anisotropic filtering has no noticeable impact on performance at all, even on Intel GPUs that bottleneck Dolphin and cannot run games at 1x IR. For example, I can safely max AF to 16x on a G33/G31 Express chipset and a GMA X3100 (both of which are terrible for Dolphin) without dropping a single FPS (and I don't gain any by setting it to 1x either). Modern GPUs, even ones that are crap, don't struggle with AF.

i just want to know if my pc is good enough for dolphin?
See my edit:

Shonumi Wrote:For The Last Story, no, your CPU is not fast enough to run this game at fullspeed constantly. The Last Story is one of the most demanding games you can play on Dolphin. You'll need overclocked hardware to run it. I'm not sure, but I think Epic Mickey is a demanding game as well. Run Epic Mickey at 1x IR and no AA. If you still get slowdowns, you can probably assume that you have a CPU bottleneck. Again, overclocked hardware may be necessary.
and what verion of dolphin do you recommend? base on my pc?
caused i asked and ive been told that my pc i enough for dolphin..
it kinda sucks cause i upgraded my hardware espicially for it..
to play wii games in better quality then the wii it self..
accordinh to what i have seen on the web...
so please suggest me something..maybe overclock my gpu/cpu if i can and if it is dangreous to the hardware..?
anything i can do to improve my preformence?
(08-25-2013, 11:01 PM)gilgilon Wrote: [ -> ]ive been told that my pc i enough for dolphin..

Enough for most games but not for the most demanding ones
And for O.C.ing, yes, it can be dangerous if that's not done carefully. Also, you will have to make your fan work faster since the temp will start to go up.
And if you overclock this 3550 you should be able to reach 3.9-4.1GHz