Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Just another person with a sinking Dolphin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Operating System: Windows XP (was originally a Vista)
Processor/CPU: AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile
Video Card/GPU: ATI Radion Express Series (0x5975)
Memory/RAM: I don't know/1.87GB

Dolphin Revision Currently Using: 3.5 x86

Dolphin Settings: Default

What I'm trying to do is run a Path of Radiance ISO, but when Dolphin clears the code cache, it crashes. First, I open Dolphin, open my ISO, then it runs, tries to clear the code cache, and crashes.
(08-24-2013, 04:22 AM)Forceman Wrote: [ -> ]When I open Dolphin, it will load the ISO of Path of Radiance I have, but will crash upon clearing the code cache. I've tried this on a few different versions, but none will get past the cache clearing crash. I'm not sure how to circumvent this or fix this.
Quote: When creating new threads about dolphin, always provide a) your full PC specs (CPU, RAM, GPU, Operating System, ..) b) information about the Dolphin build used (version/revision, source, ..) c) Dolphin settings d) detailed description of what you're trying to do (e.g including the name of the game you tried to run and a screen shot of the issue if necessary). Ignoring this rule will get your thread closed and have you warned off.
But just looking at your profile, it seems your PC is too slow anyways. Don't think you'll be able to run any game at playable speeds.
The problem is not speed, and it's fine if it's 30fps or whatever it will be, but I can't get even 1fps if I can't get it to start.
lol, you'd be lucky if you managed to get even 20FPS with your Hardware Tongue

Anyways, try redumping that game, it should work anyways
@Anti-Ultimate - But the OP hasn't complained about speed. Yet Big Grin

@Forceman - Your profile has a lot of "I don't know" entries. Windows will tell you exactly what you have. Just go to the Control Panel. Regardless, if and when you get Dolphin running successfully, it probably won't be fast.

Anyway, use a program to generate the MD5 hash of your game dump, then compare that with verified hashes from websites like GameTDB.com. If yours doesn't match their hash, then your game dump isn't a 1:1 copy of the original disc, and thus may be the source of your problem. The solution then is to keep dumping from your disc until the hashes match.
I checked the hash, and it matches up.
It's not like you'll be able to play with that PC anyways. Keep in mind you need to emulate those games at full speed since they're programmed to a specific FPS and don't have dynamic frames like a PC. So if you have 10FPS in a 60FPS game, it will be much, MUCH, MUCH slower compared to real hardware.

Not to mention, the sound will lag pretty badly and it will take your chars longer to respond to your input. if I were you I wouldn't even bother, it will not run like you think it will , except if you like smooth slideshows.

EDIT: I accidentally Math.
I've spent too much time on this to give up. Even if I didn't spend all that time, I'd still not be swayed by that post.
You should have checked if your hardware was fast enough in the first place. (That we still don't know, but we'll just continue the circlejerk since you didn't give us any infos about your system other than Intel and ATI).
The problem isn't the emulator running, rather the start-up process.
Pages: 1 2 3 4