Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Noob at PCs, just got a new laptop. Can't Install Dolphin.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So recently I purchased a Lenovo y410p with Windows 8-64 bit and I can't seem to DL and open up the .zip file.

My old laptop running on Windows 7 can do this fine though. How can I fix this?
Have you configured Windows 8 to be connected to Internet? Also, since your OS is x64 you will only be able to open x64 builds.

Other thing: get a file extractor so you can get Dolphin out of the .zip file.
(08-20-2013, 06:19 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]Have you configured Windows 8 to be connected to Internet? Also, since your OS is x64 you will only be able to open x64 builds.

Other thing: get a file extractor so you can get Dolphin out of the .zip file.
http://www.chip.de/downloads/WinRAR-64-B...66786.html

get winrar to extract them
Thanks a bunch! Got the WinRar, trying it now.

Ok so extracted to my download folder. Now how do I load it?

Ok so now I'm apparently stuck because of OpenAL32? Argh.
I tried looking it up in the FAQ, but nothing.

I don't really want to mess up something. Do I have to download it off the web?
(08-20-2013, 07:07 AM)Otakumegane Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks a bunch! Got the WinRar, trying it now.

Ok so extracted to my download folder. Now how do I load it?
1- Easy. Just double-click the Dolphin icon and the emulatorĀ“s open.
2- Change the audio backend to DirectSound or XAudio, whatever you have installed.

3- If you want to play anyway using OpenAL32, you will need the following files: OpenAL32.dll and wrap_oal.dll.

4- (This is an advice): Most games will run well/very good/O.K. with HLE audio, but other (like Mario Kart Double Dash) will need the LLE audio mode in the DSP engine.

To make LLE audio work, the files you need are dsp_rom.bin and dsp_coef.bin (can be downloaded from any site, found in new revisions and can be dumped from an original Wii console).
oliverfrancisco Wrote:Have you configured Windows 8 to be connected to Internet?

Clearly since he's posting on an internet forum....

oliverfrancisco Wrote:Also, since your OS is x64 you will only be able to open x64 builds.

Not true at all. 64 bit OS can open both 64 bit and 32 bit applications. 32 bit OS can only open 32 bit applications. This includes dolphin.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:can be downloaded from any site, found in new revisions

Keep in mind the versions contained in new revisions only contain some of the ucode and will therefore only work with certain games.

Also you're not supposed to talk about downloading the dsp files here since they're copyrighted.
(08-20-2013, 08:26 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
oliverfrancisco Wrote:Have you configured Windows 8 to be connected to Internet?

Clearly since he's posting on an internet forum....

oliverfrancisco Wrote:Also, since your OS is x64 you will only be able to open x64 builds.

Not true at all. 64 bit OS can open both 64 bit and 32 bit applications. 32 bit OS can only open 32 bit applications. This includes dolphin.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:can be downloaded from any site, found in new revisions

Keep in mind the versions contained in new revisions only contain some of the ucode and will therefore only work with certain games.

Also you're not supposed to talk about downloading the dsp files here since they're copyrighted.
Well, well. About the x64 OS thing, I thought that the feature you mentioned here is only true in Linux, not in Windows. Confused
Alright got Dolphin up and running thanks to you guys.

Though there are some other problems i'll get them fixed in a hurry