Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Shaky audio and fps around 30
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Try 100MHz increments, see if Dolphin has any issues playing a game. If it plays well, you needn't OC anymore, just make sure your system is stable and your temps are okay. If not, increase it again by 100MHz.
(08-20-2013, 04:26 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Try 100MHz increments, see if Dolphin has any issues playing a game. If it plays well, you needn't OC anymore, just make sure your system is stable and your temps are okay. If not, increase it again by 100MHz.
ok, will do, thanks
Delete or rename the audio recompiler. Fixed my problems.
phly, you only renamed a file it requires. The LLE Recompiler/Interpreter are parts of Dolphin that aren't really removable unless you're compiling your own builds, which I doubt you're doing.

Kansasboy, be aware that your CPU may explode before you can clock it high enough to run these games at full speed. v_v Dolphin has some ridiculous CPU requirements due to all the extremely stupid stuff it does in addition to all the basic implications of emulating the Wii's relatively powerful CPU and complex GPU. If you can justify the purchase, an i5-4670K and a Z87 motherboard will serve you much better for Dolphin. (And no, AMD currently does not produce any CPUs nearly as good as the 4670K is for Dolphin, like it or not. I mean, look at the Wind Waker benchmark.)
[quote='pauldacheez' pid='289061' dateline='1376963645']

Kansasboy, be aware that your CPU may explode before you can clock it high enough to run these games at full speed. v_v Dolphin has some ridiculous CPU requirements due to all the extremely stupid stuff it does in addition to all the basic implications of emulating the Wii's relatively powerful CPU and complex GPU. If you can justify the purchase, an i5-4670K and a Z87 motherboard will serve you much better for Dolphin. (And no, AMD currently does not produce any CPUs nearly as good as the 4670K is for Dolphin, like it or not. I mean, look at the Wind Waker benchmark.)

I know that dolphin is not programed to take advantage of what amd has to offer, but don't tell me that if I overclock to 5 GHz that it wont play great. If it dosent them , I have a dell with a intel i7 860 and an ati radeon hd 5770 gpu would that be any better?

Ps. The wii does not have a powerfull cpu by no means, or a complex gpu. The xbox 360's gpu is more powerfull and it is like an old ati radeon x1900 which is not powerfull at all to today's standards.
(08-20-2013, 11:18 PM)Kansasboy001 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a dell with a intel i7 860 and an ati radeon hd 5770 gpu would that be any better?

Assuming you can overclock this old 860 Big Grin
(08-20-2013, 11:33 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2013, 11:18 PM)Kansasboy001 Wrote: [ -> ]I have a dell with a intel i7 860 and an ati radeon hd 5770 gpu would that be any better?

No, The crapy dell mobo does not let you overclock. Sad
(08-20-2013, 11:38 PM)Kansasboy001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-20-2013, 11:33 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

No, The crapy dell mobo does not let you overclock. Sad

Then you can forget this option
Kansasboy001 Wrote:I know that dolphin is not programed to take advantage of what amd has to offer

It's more like AMD CPUs don't offer good performance for the type of processing Dolphin does. You need good single-threaded performance (a lot of emulators do, actually, some more than others of course).

Kansasboy001 Wrote:Ps. The wii does not have a powerfull cpu by no means, or a complex gpu. The xbox 360's gpu is more powerfull and it is like an old ati radeon x1900 which is not powerfull at all to today's standards.

Hint: That's not how emulation works. Wink Read the main site's FAQ; it addresses this misconception directly. Your CPU and GPU have to go through a number of steps that the Wii would never have to do in order to get the same results, thus your CPU and GPU have to be a great deal more "powerful".
Pages: 1 2