Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [WiiWare] Chronos Twins DX
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wiki Page - Chronos Twins DX - [edit]

This game used to be playable up to version 5.0-3627 (included)

Version 5.0-3635 broke it (doesn't boot, black screen and crashes the emulator, have to kill it with task manager).

Starting from version 5.0 5726 ... the bug is different, the import WAD dialog appears, and then "WAD installation failed, cannot import content 00000013", and then Dolphin crashes.
I checked this last commit, and it's related to a WAD hack that was removed. So not sure if somehow this title was working before because of a hack, or something else is going on.

Tested with D3D and all defaults.
Your problem is most likely caused by 5.0-3631 rather than 5.0-3635 (though I don't blame you for not getting the version number exactly right, since builds aren't available for 5.0-3631). Anyway, it's possible that something is wrong with your WAD file rather than the game itself. Can you explain how you dumped the WAD?
I am also experiencing this issue, in version 5.0-6465.
 I previously used version 5.0-151, where it worked.
(03-12-2018, 06:59 AM)Darm Wrote: [ -> ]I am also experiencing this issue, in version 5.0-6465.
 I previously used version 5.0-151, where it worked.

Please explain how you dumped the game, so that we can know more about the issue.
(03-12-2018, 08:22 AM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Please explain how you dumped the game, so that we can know more about the issue.

Sorry, gonna have to pass on that. All I can do is confirm that I too have gotten that same message in the recent build, and that the older version of Dolphin worked (and still works) with the game. I know it's not too helpful, but that's better than nothing, I hope. Ciao.
(03-12-2018, 02:31 PM)Darm Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, gonna have to pass on that. All I can do is confirm that I too have gotten that same message in the recent build, and that the older version of Dolphin worked (and still works) with the game. I know it's not too helpful, but that's better than nothing, I hope. Ciao.

Can you tell if it's the American (WC6EUP) or European/Oceanian (WC6PUP) version?
(03-12-2018, 04:35 PM)JosJuice Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell if it's the American (WC6EUP) or European/Oceanian (WC6PUP) version?

It's the US version, WC6EUP, and the checksum is a69e93f2c753775cb90774309287277c, if that helps you compare against other tested dumps.
You have a bad dump.
Welp, that would explain it then. I'll have to remedy that. Thanks to both of you for the help!
As a side note, my google-fu appears to be too weak to turn up a proper answer to a related question. Is there a listing or database somewhere of known good ROM/WAD CRCs? I would have preferred to check that before I bothered anybody, but I couldn't find anything. Sad
Pages: 1 2