Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Two questions from a noob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been using Dolphin for a while now, and first of all I want to thank all the guys who made this awesome piece of software and keep working on it.

But that's not the point. =P I have experienced a couple of non-important problems while using Dolphin, and was wondering if there is a fix for them.
1. Pausing the game, then entering or exiting fullscreen, then continuing makes the game fail to display. Basically it just shows a black screen. Unpausing the game then immediately entering/exiting fullscreen is a workaround, but I was wondering if there is an actual fix for this? Or if it is just me?

2. EDIT: This is fixed. Basically, after playing for some time using a combination of savestates and in-game saves, the saves stopped working and I got a message to the effect that "Please insert a working memory card". This happened on all GC games and both revisions I am using. However, I found that going into memory card manager and deleting the save file of whatever GC game has problem 2 then loading my savestate fixes it. But now I have a different problem.

3. This is complicated to explain... But basically I have Intel integrated graphics on my CPU (Intel Core 3610QM), together with a separate GPU (GTX 660M).
For some reason, in the drop-down menu where you select the Hardware Adapter in Dolphin, it only ever showed the integrated graphics. I never paid any attention to this... And turns out it WAS using only the integrated graphis for my games. -_- But anyway, I changed the settings in my Nvidia Control Panel to make Dolphin always use the GPU. I also changed some settings for it (see below).
And now, although I can play my games MUCH faster, dolphin has a slight problem... If I select the D3D9 backend, dolphin immediately crashes. I can then open it again, but opening the graphics menu makes it crash again. I had to manually edit the config file to change the backend to be able to access the graphics menu again. I can live without ever using the d3d9 backend, but it's still weird. Any ideas as to what makes Dolphin crash?

And here are the settings I have set for Dolphin:
Spoiler: