Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Hopefully my specs will be capable of running Dolphin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Django117

I need some help with configuration. My comp's specs are as follows:

Windows 7 x86
Intel i7-3740QM CPU @ 2.7Ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680M
24 GB RAM (Fairly certain it's GDDR5)

I want to play Skyward Sword using a 360 controller so what all do I need and can you guys help give me some links to configurations and files?'
EDIT: I am also running Dolphin 3.5-1801
Django117 Wrote:(Fairly certain it's GDDR5)

Uh....no. GDDR5 is video ram not main memory.

Do you have any specific questions?
(I unintentionally hit the "Post Reply" button too early, so sorry if I looked like a dick in whatever emails you got.)

NV, learn to read/comprehend/not miss the "I want to play Skyward Sword using a 360 controller" part. I'm surprised you missed that.

OP, you'll want an actual Wii Remote with MotionPlus (built-in or dongle) and Nunchuk for this game; there's no way to play this game without them, and the emulated MotionPlus support requires you to use a different build of Dolphin that may be quite outdated, not to mention setting it up requires a fucking physics degree.

Django117

(08-17-2013, 10:38 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ](I unintentionally hit the "Post Reply" button too early, so sorry if I looked like a dick in whatever emails you got.)

NV, learn to read/comprehend/not miss the "I want to play Skyward Sword using a 360 controller" part. I'm surprised you missed that.

OP, you'll want an actual Wii Remote with MotionPlus (built-in or dongle) and Nunchuk for this game; there's no way to play this game without them, and the emulated MotionPlus support requires you to use a different build of Dolphin that may be quite outdated, not to mention setting it up requires a fucking physics degree.
Are you sure there is no emulated version? I saw someone playing one on youtube and it showed the controller which ended up looking pretty good.... I also need to know how to configure dolphin appropriately. I tried using the same settings I had from a few versions back but now it will no longer launch games...
Be aware that using a Xbox 360 controller with Skyward Sword may prevent further progress later in the game, you'll need to draw some complex figures that doesn't seems easier to map in an X360 controller (I bet to say that some of them are impossible with a X360 pad)

Beside that, your system will handle this game fullspeed without any trouble...
I doubt that YouTube video showed you all the parts of the game that take advanced usage of the WiiMotion Plus (confusing those eyeball guards in the first dungeon, drawing circles, etc). It's not enough to get Link to swing his sword; even then you need to be pretty accurate in later fights with Ghirahim (or whatever his name is). It'll be an exercise in frustration until you hit a wall that's just impossible to overcome. I highly recommend using real hardware for this game, as it pertains to controllers.

About setting up Dolphin, post your settings as screenshots so we can take a look. Also what happens when you try to launch a game? Black screen? Program crash?