Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: My Specs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

avchamp

Hi are my computer specs good enough to run gamecube games, specifically paper mario and pokemon xd

Intel Core i3 2.40Ghz
4gb RAM
64-bit
Without a dedicated GPU (graphic card) , I don't think so
Integrated GPU : Intel HD 3000/4000 can handle lowest graphic settings as long as your CPU is powerful enough to back up IGPU (i3 @ 2.4GHz is not powerful)
Mario - maybe, pokemon - no

Edit: y.a.a.n. (yet another admin ninja)

Edit 2: Also daja vu
admin89 Wrote:Integrated GPU : Intel HD 3000/4000 can handle lowest graphic settings as long as your CPU is powerful enough to back up IGPU (i3 @ 2.4GHz is not powerful)

My HD 4000 bottlenecks several games under dolphin 3.5 and with the latest builds that list is even longer. With those two specific games MAYBE.

Still I don't think we should be telling users that an HD 4000 is sufficient even if they have a fast cpu.
Has anyone benchmarked the 4600 on dolphin yet? curious as to what resolution it bottlenecks.
Depends on the game/settings/backend/OS/revision. My HD 4000 can handle 3x IR in some games (animal crossing for example). Then there are others where 1x is too much.
(08-16-2013, 08:29 PM)Zee530 Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone benchmarked the 4600 on dolphin yet? curious as to what resolution it bottlenecks.
Maybe I should do one. Wink
avchamp, why don´t you try to be a little more specific with you system (like RAM frequency, motherboard, operating system and current Dolphin revision you have)? We can´t really say if it´s powerful enogh if you don´t give us enough information.
oliverfrancisco Wrote:RAM frequency

Doesn't matter. Almost no effect on performance in current systems.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:motherboard

Doesn't matter. No effect on performance.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:operating system

Doesn't matter. Some effect on performance. But fairly little. Also his profile lists windows 7 64 bit.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:and current Dolphin revision you have

This does have a big impact on performance. But his profile lists 3.5-367 so he didn't need to give this to us.

oliverfrancisco Wrote:We can´t really say if it´s powerful enogh if you don´t give us enough information.

He gave use all of the information that we need.