Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Keeping emulation speeds at 100%
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

waaaaaaat

I have a question about the emulation speeds. How do you keep the speeds at 100% constantly. Like, when i play, it will randomely shoot up to 140% speed, then just all over the place while i am playing, so most of the time, it is faster than originally meant to be, avg around 104%. How do i fix it and make it stay at 100%?

Qaazavaca Qaanic

You got the build from the wrong site. The real thing is https://dolphin-emu.org/download/. Get the latest development version, Windows x64. It might fix the bug. Reply if it doesn't work. The new version fixes many bugs.
And your computer is too slow to run new versions of Dolphin at full speed on most games. Dolphin is getting more accurate, which requires more CPU power. What games are you running, BTW?

You see, 367 comes from the wrong site ( shall not be named). It's unofficial but popular because too many sites link to it. It hasn't been updated in months, but since Google still returns it as the main result, people keep going there and linking there. Googlebot finds the links and thinks the site is the most relevant site. Rinse and repeat.
Apart of jimbo1qaz has mentioned, other thing you have to do is setting the framelimit to automatic, and then activate XFB in the graphic hacks (this will both reduce FPS to half and increase VPS to the max). Of course, this depends on your system since not everyone has the same experience with a determined setting.

One more thing: you will also have to overclock your CPU if you REALLY want full speed in most games (or those you are interested in). In this case you have the Pentium® B960, which has a stock speed of 2.2GHz.
XFB shouldn't be used unless the game requires it. Whatever changes it makes to the framerate Dolphin displays does not reflect the number of actual frames being displayed. Just keep it disabled, it doesn't help.
(08-15-2013, 05:19 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]other thing you have to do is setting the framelimit to automatic, and then activate XFB

You can simply set Framelimit to "Audio"
Quote:you will also have to overclock your CPU if you REALLY want full speed in most games (or those you are interested in). In this case you have the PentiumĀ® B960, which has a stock speed of 2.2GHz
You can't overclock a Pentium Sandy Bridge
(08-15-2013, 10:01 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2013, 05:19 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]other thing you have to do is setting the framelimit to automatic, and then activate XFB

But even with that setting the speed will be above normal.
oliverfrancisco Wrote:But even with that setting the speed will be above normal.

Ahem:
pauldacheez Wrote:XFB shouldn't be used unless the game requires it. Whatever changes it makes to the framerate Dolphin displays does not reflect the number of actual frames being displayed. Just keep it disabled, it doesn't help.

Paul is right. Auto framelimit will keep the game from going above 100% speed by itself. XFB shouldn't affect this.
(08-16-2013, 05:24 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2013, 10:01 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]

But even with that setting the speed will be above normal.

I've encountered a lot of games in which enabling Audio Throttle capped the speed to 100% (and therefore fps to its max)
Indeed, Setting "Audio" as the Framelimit tells Dolphin to limit the FPS (as best as it can) to however fast the game wants to play audio. This is usually an accurate way to limit the FPS in a great deal of games actually. A handful don't do so well with this option (Xenoblade Chronicles comes to mind).