Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Audio issues on good spec machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(09-09-2013, 04:54 AM)stigzler Wrote: [ -> ]OK. Returning to this. Thanks for your help chaps, but none of the above seemed to work. Newer builds didn't work as well, no matter which settings I changed, still stuttering audio. I see on youtube, some chap got F-Zero working with i7 920 with no probs. So still stumped...

Only thing is - I have an Audioblaster x-fi pci card for my audio. Would this make any difference?

Sooo wanting Dolphin to work, but at present, the lemon of my emulator collection.
I would try:
-3.5 stable build with HLE, check if the game .ini forces LLE or any other things like EFB to RAM which slows things down (but read the game wiki to know what can cause glitches)
but it seems 3.5 had problems with this game, so maybe better:
-3.5 newest build, and since you have an Nvidia GPU make sure to use OpenGL with the Vertex Streaming hack, which should give the best speed.

If both don't give you what you want, that guy on youtube is lying or overclocking.
Extreme dude - as mentioned earlier in the thread - tried 3.5-367 and also latest build. Latest was worse then 367.

Vertix - using HLE, but still got audio glitches. By checking the game ini - I'm assuming you mean rightclick game, properties, Edit COnfig? If so can't see anything in FZero or Starfox Assault that would indicate forcing LLE or EFB to RAM

Tried switching over to OpenGL from DX9, but still audio glitches. Couldn't find the Vertex Streaming Hack.

Weirdly, just tried Mario Kart and Super Smash brothers - work perfect - no sound hiccups!

Hmmm.. this is proving a headache. Still wondering whether it's my x-fi creative soundcard....
(09-09-2013, 07:07 AM)stigzler Wrote: [ -> ]Still wondering whether it's my x-fi creative soundcard....
Shouldn't matter. The audio glitches are there because it's not running at full speed, simple as that.
Find the vertex streaming hack in the last tab and give it a try! Tongue
Edit: you might still be using 3.5 - 367. download the latest please, 367 doesn't have the vertex option
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

Crystaltech

I've got a similar problem, but have found kind of a solution: set frame limit to "Audio". It's interesting, because my specs are quite high - i5 3570k @ 4.5, ATI HD7970. Without "audio" limit games run at 100% speed, but the sound stutters constantly, even with HLE. HLE did not stutter constantly on earlier currently unsupported versions, but it did stutter at specific places, like cutscenes.

While frame limit is set to "audio" game constantly shifts between 99%-100% speed, and FPS between 29-30 accordingly. Main offender - Xenoblade. At this point I'm lost, because I don't know how to fix this shifting of speed.
Pages: 1 2 3