Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Zelda Twilight Princess Black Screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've had loads of trouble just loading the emulator...but I fixed my problems by updating my DirectX 9.

Now when I load the game, the screen is black for a while...then I can see some deformed version of the title screen (I can see Epona completely yellow and about nothing else).
If I randomly press buttons on my keyboard, eventually the game acts as if I pressed "Start", and I hear the music of the Loading Screen...but my screen is black.

Not to mention the fact that the music is very choppy, so I'm guessing my FPS isn't that high either.

I meet all the minimum requirements for the Emulator...except for the fact that I have a GeForce FX 5200 video card...but that shouldn't make a problem this bad...right?

Please help me guys xD I'm lost here...
a FX 5200...even if the game relies little on your GPU...that's still a low-end card that is far outdated.
Holy CRAP! is that an AGP card? So I take it you don't even HAVE a PCI-E 2.0 slot on your board? o_o like seriously man go out and get an xfx 750a motherboard and cpu bundle on www.tigerdirect.com. then get an EVGA 8800 GT or something, and then you could hybrid SLI the onboard graphics and the 8800. Then I suppose you will need another power supply (simple ultra lifetime 500 watt should do) and maybe another case if you have one of those stupid slim Dell cases and you cant fit the graphics card in it D: . Might as well try to find a 64-bit version of windows for cheap while you're at it (xp,vista, 7 w/e)
The FX line of cards is not supported for Dolphin, the card had piss poor SM 2.0 support and doesn't support OpenGL 2.1 or the required OpenGL extensions.

Most PC games that required a card with Shader Model 2.0 support failed to render properly on the FX line of cards such as the FX5200 and 5500, these cards did not properly support Shader Model 2.0.

I'm quite surprised you can boot any games with that, even with the DX9 plugin.

You need a new graphics card and likely a new system, I can't imagine a system with an FX 5200 having a powerful enough CPU to handle Dolphin with decent performance. You will especially need a new system if you don't at least have an AGP slot, most older system only had PCI slots and no AGP.
What if I changed my video card to GeForce 6600?
There is another computer in the house, and it runs that graphic card.

I meet all the other minimum requirements for the dolphin emulator to run...I think that besides the graphic card, my comp will do alright.
(07-28-2009, 10:05 PM)Nimrod EX Wrote: [ -> ]What if I changed my video card to GeForce 6600?
There is another computer in the house, and it runs that graphic card.

I meet all the other minimum requirements for the dolphin emulator to run...I think that besides the graphic card, my comp will do alright.

what is your cpu?
How do I check that? xD

aloprado0016

(07-28-2009, 11:06 PM)Nimrod EX Wrote: [ -> ]How do I check that? xD

right-click withe mouse on my computer, next go to properties... that information is on botton of screen... tell us after you look...

PS: sorry by english, i'am brazilian... and your gpu is very very very low-end
Pentuin® 4

CPU 3.00 Ghz (which is good)
but I only have 512 MB of RAM....
(07-28-2009, 11:38 PM)Nimrod EX Wrote: [ -> ]Pentuin® 4

CPU 3.00 Ghz (which is good)
but I only have 512 MB of RAM....

uh... no that is not good. It has a high clock speed but it is still slow. 1 core + clock for clock it isnt very fast.... sorry you wont be able to play any games let alone twilight princess
Pages: 1 2