Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: users config directory
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! Where can i change the unix path for the users config directory?

~/.dolphin-emu to something else

Thanks!
Why would you want to do that?
Wouldn't symbolic links be a good workaround?
(08-13-2013, 05:45 AM)neobrain Wrote: [ -> ]> Why would you want to do that?

I'am trying to install Dolphin and Triforce parallel. And it works accept for the config directory. Both using the same dir. If i change controls or set options in Dolphin -> it changes controls/options for Triforce too because both using the same configs.

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks.
Why don't you make a script to do it then? You could do the following:

1) Run a regular master-branch build, make any configuration changes you need, then exit Dolphin.
2) Copy the .dolphin-emu folder, but rename it to something different (".dolphin-emu-master").
3) Run the Triforce build, make any configuration changes you need, then exit Dolphin.
4) Copy the .dolphin-emu folder, but rename it to something different ("dolphin-emu-triforce")
5) Make a script for each version (master.sh and triforce.sh).
6) Scripts should look something along these lines:

Code:
#Master Script
cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-master /home/huhn.dolphin-emu
cd /home/huhn/Dolphin_Master_Folder
./dolphin-emu && cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-master

Code:
#Triforce Script
cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-triforce /home/huhn.dolphin-emu
cd /home/huhn/Dolphin_Triforce_Folder
./dolphin-emu && cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-triforce

Execute the first when you want to run the master build; execute the second when you want to run the Triforce build. All they do is swap the current .dolphin-emu folder with another before and after playing. That way, if you change any settings while running Dolphin (Triforce or master) through the scripts, it'll save it. Note, it's probably a bit much to copy the entire .dolphin-emu folder. You could just copy the the Config folder if you needed to change just the controls when you play.
Use game inis and controller profiles.
(08-14-2013, 02:26 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you make a script to do it then? You could do the following:

1) Run a regular master-branch build, make any configuration changes you need, then exit Dolphin.
2) Copy the .dolphin-emu folder, but rename it to something different (".dolphin-emu-master").
3) Run the Triforce build, make any configuration changes you need, then exit Dolphin.
4) Copy the .dolphin-emu folder, but rename it to something different ("dolphin-emu-triforce")
5) Make a script for each version (master.sh and triforce.sh).
6) Scripts should look something along these lines:

Code:
#Master Script
cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-master /home/huhn.dolphin-emu
cd /home/huhn/Dolphin_Master_Folder
./dolphin-emu && cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-master

Code:
#Triforce Script
cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-triforce /home/huhn.dolphin-emu
cd /home/huhn/Dolphin_Triforce_Folder
./dolphin-emu && cp -r /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu /home/huhn/.dolphin-emu-triforce

Execute the first when you want to run the master build; execute the second when you want to run the Triforce build. All they do is swap the current .dolphin-emu folder with another before and after playing. That way, if you change any settings while running Dolphin (Triforce or master) through the scripts, it'll save it. Note, it's probably a bit much to copy the entire .dolphin-emu folder. You could just copy the the Config folder if you needed to change just the controls when you play.
That's what i did before. Is it so complicated to adjust the config directory in the source code or makefile?
Thanks for your help. I think i keep the scripts.

Edit: i just found userdir:STRING=.dolphin-em in Build/CMakeCache.txt (after cmake ..) and in CMakeLists.txt.

set( dir ".dolphin-emu-triforce" CACHE STRING "User directory")
add_definitions(-DUSER_DIR="${userdir}")

Works fine!