Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Will this graphics card suffice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Im making this post so i can find out if the graphics card i plan to buy will be good to use dolphin emu
before i buy this card if anyone knows something please notify me

Graphics card i plan to buy -----> #mce_temp_url#
Oh goodness no, that is horible
Wow, they still sell those. Smile
Blast from the past Wink

@OP - You should have a look at this Minimum GPU specs thread to get an idea what kinds of GPU you'll need for whatever resolution you plan to run Dolphin at.
I'm going to assume the OP can only use PCI cards which are all going to be horrible
Not to mention his processor is equally bad, which means he won't be able to run anything and needs an entire new PC.
Btw you'll have to plan to buy another CPU too
Of course it won`t! that`s one of the crappiest GPUs you can get these days, take it from me because i`m using one of those RIGHT NOW (GeForce 6200 Turbocache).

43 bucks? what a rip off... or is the free shipping going to compensate the poor performance somehow?

try again, you can get a better hardware for that...

What are you trying to do? upgrade an old pc to play dolphin? why PCI? Why?
@omega_rugal

Because his motherboard is likely so old that it doesn't have any pci-e slots. So he just figured "I'll just upgrade my graphics card and everything will be fine".

The reason they still sell old PCI cards even though much faster pci-e cards can be purchased for the same amount is because people like him still buy them. They either can't afford to upgrade their entire system or they convince themselves that they can get away with just doing minor upgrades and that there is no need to replace the whole thing.
(08-13-2013, 06:38 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]they convince themselves that they can get away with just doing minor upgrades and that there is no need to replace the whole thing.
jesus do your read minds and what do u suggest i get (mobo, cpu, gpu) and for around how much
and do i need a ram upgrade
Pages: 1 2 3