Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Resident Evil 4 Crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Nomad

Hi guys

I searched the forum but couldn't find the answer so I decided to make a new thread. Hopefully somebody will be able to help me.

Resident Evil 4 starts very well on my PC. I get constant 30fps. But after talking to Hannigan (after killing the first villager) the game crashes. Is there something wrong with the settings or it's a problem in the emulator? I used default settings of SVN 2745.

My PC specs are

E8400
Asus P5Q-E
Corsair XMS2 4GB
MSI 9600GT
Seagate 500GB
Corsair VX450W
Hmm, It shouldn't crash that early. What version (PAL, NTSC) are you using?

Nomad

I have PAL version.
It's normal, it can sometimes be skipped by keep pressing start to skip the cutscene. I wouldn't bother much with this game unless you are willing to go through turmoil to bypass some parts.

You will find that accessing the inventory, map screen and key treasure/items screen more than once will crash the game (Dubbed Inventory Crash) the only way to bypass these parts is to constantly switch between interpreter and JIT mode, and using save states.

That crash at the beginning of the game is the least of the problems with this game on Dolphin, but you can always play it on your Gamecube/Wii eh?

Nomad

I like playing games on my LCD (Samsung 226BW) instead of TV which is not in my room. That's why I would prefer to play it on my PC. I have Resident Evil 4 PC version as well. I have downloaded and applied different texture packs to improve graphics but due to poor quality cutscenes in PC version I wanted to play Gamecube version again. Hopefully these crashes will get fixed in a future release.
I wouldn't count on it for a while, this has been an issue from the time Dolphin went open source, when ingame graphics finally were visible for this game and still persists even up until now.

You could possibly be waiting a good while for this to be working in Dolphin without problems.