Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Super Paper Mario Glitchy Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

ThatBenderGuy

So I'm playing super paper mario and right as Count Bleck Appears I start getting glitchy audio. It's not choppy but glitchy as in random high pitched sounds. I am using Dolphin 3.5-367 and the Audio I'm using is DSP-HLE Emulation. I've tried using DSP-LLE recompiler but I get this error when trying to boot up a game with it:
Quote: Failed to load DSP ROM:
E:\Emulators\Gamecube‐Wii\Dolphin‐win‐x64‐v3.5‐367/User/GC/dsp_r
om.bin

This file is required to use DSP LLE.
It is not included with Dolphin as it contains copyrighted data.
Use DSPSpy to dump the file from your physical console.

You may use the DSP HLE engine which does not require ROM dumps.
﴾Choose it from the "Audio" tab of the configuration dialog.﴿

then the game doesnt boot. Would using DSP LLE fix the glitchy audio? What are my best options to fix this issue?
(08-11-2013, 03:48 AM)ThatBenderGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Would using DSP LLE fix the glitchy audio? What are my best options to fix this issue?

You should use latest builds. A free DSP Rom is provided to use LLE.
Also new AX-HLE should be enough to solve your sound issues

ThatBenderGuy

Where are the saves for wii/gamecube stored? That way I can move my saves from the old version

EDIT:
(08-11-2013, 06:52 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-11-2013, 03:48 AM)ThatBenderGuy Wrote: [ -> ]Would using DSP LLE fix the glitchy audio? What are my best options to fix this issue?

You should use latest builds. A free DSP Rom is provided to use LLE.
Also new AX-HLE should be enough to solve your sound issues

Where is AX-HLE?
ThatBenderGuy Wrote:Where are the saves for wii/gamecube stored? That way I can move my saves from the old version

The "easy" way is to just copy+paste your old User folder into the new one. There might be minor issues, but it's usually safe to do. In any case, keep or backup your old Dolphin folder until you're sure everything is alright.

ThatBenderGuy Wrote:Where is AX-HLE?

Technically, LordVador is referring to the new-ax-hle branch that was merged twice into the master branch builds. These merges significantly improved HLE audio for games that used the AX microcode (which covers all but a handful of games). The first merge (3.5-77) affected GC games only. The second merge (3.5-1154) affected Wii games. You'll want to use 3.5-1154 or later (preferably the latest development builds, 3.5-17XX).