Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Progress lost please help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was playing monster hunter 3 just a few minutes ago and was using revision 1727 but wanted to change back to 1655 due to the fact that framerate was dropping a bit in some areas, what I did was transfer the "User" folder from 1727 to 1655 only to later start playing on the 1655 revision and seeing that the progress I had made on the 1727 was gone, so I went back and checked monster hunter on the other revision and the progress had been lost too! I'm 100% sure I saved the game before I quit, please help what did I do wrong?
Unless you ran MH3 on 3.5-1727 again after saving or poked around the User folder's Wii saves, then you never actually verified that the saves were written properly. If there's no save data in 3.5-1727's User folder, there isn't much to be done. If you're paranoid, you can save normally and make save states just in case (e.g. only use them if you get problems like this). It never hurts to add a bit of redundancy to your saves.

At any rate, if you have save data on your Wii console for this game, you can import that, if it's any consolation to you.
I really don't know what I did for this to happen but instead of worrying I think it's just best to play again and recover the data that was lost (killing royal ludroth and barroth so I guess it's not THAT much)