Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Netplay Issues despite. . All these options I tried
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm trying to host and let my brother computer join my game. (He lives in the same house with me). I host with port 2626. I forwarded my port through my virgin media uk super hub version 1 because that my internet provider. And we both have dolphin v3.5 the latest version and both running melee pal. put in my ip address into his computer and the port number and it fails to connect. I also tried this with Project 64 Netplay and it give a timeout trying to connect any ideas??? Thanks
If both of you are behind the same router on the same network, you shouldn't need to mess around with port forwarding. You'll need it for playing with others who are outside your local network and have to connect from outside your router. It's probably the way you're trying to go about it all.

Make sure you're not using the IP address your ISP sets for your router (e.g. something random like 104.75.176.23) You'll want to connect to something local to your network (e.g. 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1, etc). These are reserved blocks intended for private networks and such. If you're connecting to another computer within your house, the latter is most likely what you'll need to look for.

Post screenshots of the netplay configuration screens in Dolphin, that might help us help you.
(08-10-2013, 03:41 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]If both of you are behind the same router on the same network, you shouldn't need to mess around with port forwarding. You'll need it for playing with others who are outside your local network and have to connect from outside your router. It's probably the way you're trying to go about it all.

Make sure you're not using the IP address your ISP sets for your router (e.g. something random like 104.75.176.23) You'll want to connect to something local to your network (e.g. 192.168.0.1, 10.0.0.1, etc). These are reserved blocks intended for private networks and such. If you're connecting to another computer within your house, the latter is most likely what you'll need to look for.

Post screenshots of the netplay configuration screens in Dolphin, that might help us help you.
I'm trying to get my bros laptop to connect through my IPv4 which is 198.168.x.x Because I'm sure you don't connect through default gateway.
Make sure both of you have your firewalls configured correctly. Either turn it off completely (easy, but not recommended for security reasons) or allow the firewall to make application-specific exceptions.
(08-10-2013, 04:31 AM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure both of you have your firewalls configured correctly. Either turn it off completely (easy, but not recommended for security reasons) or allow the firewall to make application-specific exceptions.
Like this Shonumi ??? I made sure I did this aswell
Quote:dolphin v3.5 the latest version

3.5 is not the latest version. Please follow the netplay guide: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
(08-10-2013, 04:56 AM)delroth Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:dolphin v3.5 the latest version

3.5 is not the latest version. Please follow the netplay guide: https://dolphin-emu.org/docs/guides/netplay-guide/
Would versions really matter at the moment as I am unable to get neither dolphin or project 64 netplay working? I have downloaded Dophin Emulator 3.5-1727 64 Bit now