Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Trying to get rogue leader (RS2) to work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

thegreattailz

It starts up and has a video issue, like its choppy, not playable, like in slow motion. I have a 2.2 dual core with 2gb ram 128 mb on video card and win 8

thanks
1) Your goddamn computer's too slow. And that's without even knowing which exact CPU and GPU you have, which you really should list because there are hundreds of different dual-core CPUs that are clocked at 2.2 GHz, some that are really damn fast and others that are incredibly slow.

2) You're using an old build of Dolphin from an unofficial site. The real site's over here: https://dolphin-emu.org/download/

3) The game currently has major graphical issues. They're in the process of being fixed right now, but you'll have to wait a while.
LOL@pauldacheez

thegreattailz,

Your computer is in general not up to par for emulation. You can give us more detailed specs and we can try to help but with your onboard GPU, slow CPU and limited RAM, you arent going to be able to play many (if any) games at full speed unfortunately.

thegreattailz

MY COMPUTER'S NOT TOO SLOW! Well, maybe it is. Tell me how to get you that information from my computer and ill post it. My computer is a vostro 220 dell
CPU-Z and GPU-Z are both good programs when talking about getting any system info.
Your computer is too slow
Your GPU is kind of old (released in June 2008 with Intel G45 express chipset). Also, since it´s INTEGRATED, it doesn´t have 128 MB of dedicated memory; Intel GPUs use DVMT memory instead.
(08-10-2013, 10:07 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]Your GPU is kind of old (released in June 2008 with Intel G45 express chipset). Also, since it´s INTEGRATED, it doesn´t have 128 MB of dedicated memory; Intel GPUs use DVMT memory instead.

Kind of old = very old. 5 years is a long time with respect to computer hardware. Anything running the G45 Express Chipset will be too weak to run Dolphin even at the Gamecube/Wii's native resolution. I had an E2200 @ 2.2 GHz, and it still struggled even on old revisions like r75XX. Whatever CPU you have isn't going to be up to task either.
(08-10-2013, 06:03 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-10-2013, 10:07 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]Your GPU is kind of old (released in June 2008 with Intel G45 express chipset). Also, since it´s INTEGRATED, it doesn´t have 128 MB of dedicated memory; Intel GPUs use DVMT memory instead.

Kind of old = very old. 5 years is a long time with respect to computer hardware. Anything running the G45 Express Chipset will be too weak to run Dolphin even at the Gamecube/Wii's native resolution. I had an E2200 @ 2.2 GHz, and it still struggled even on old revisions like r75XX. Whatever CPU you have isn't going to be up to task either.
Wow. You had pretty bad luck with that processor. :S
It's not bad luck, it's just the way things are. It was a low-priced OEM machine. It was never suited for Dolphin even back then. 2.2GHz has always been extremely low for Dolphin on many games, and even with Haswell CPUs, it continues to be so.