Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: The future of emulation is now
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

RUTGER

Gentlemen,

First off, I highly respect the Dolphin development team for making Wii/GC emulation possible.

I would like to announce the development of my Dolphin plugin. It is called ''Progress interpolation''. Which, will ultimately change the emulation world forever. It will allow users with lower specs (like myself) to play games at full speed, without having to overclock his/her CPU.

Impossible? I think not.

To understand the concept of ''progress interpolation'', you must look at the term itself. The emulation progress is interpolated, meaning that it is digitally generated from smaller amounts of data, like morphing one frame to another and fixes the soundtrack gaps using the Hamming code, combined with sound morph, and fade transitions. This means that you can run a game/program using only a bit of processing power, by lowering the frame rate, and splitting up the soundtrack, without having to suffer from lag using revolutionary techniques to artificially smooth out it's missing data in between.

My request to the developers, is to aid me in my project to succeed in making this plugin. I require nothing but the information on how to make the emulator render a lower frame rate and to split up the soundtrack (without adjusting speed of the soundtrack) If this can be achieved, users with less computer capacity will still be able to use the emulator to process their data at the same speed as that of higher specs users.

Support from other plugin/custom driver developers is highly respected.

-RUTGER
Quote:Gentlemen,
I knew i should have stopped reading there.
I wouldn't call it frame as frames points to video only (in fact, here your suggestion is mostly possible). But on emulating the cpu, you need the complete state to continue on emulating. So it's required to have the complete ram which isn't ready before the other process finished. In the end, emulating the cpu can't be made parallel :-(
This idea will not work. If it is not obvious to you, you might want to reconsider your knowledge about emulation.