Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Open GL is broken
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying the latest rev and OGL is broken again. Try other previous rev i have for OGL.With 1025 it crashes while trying to load tales of Symphonia give blank screen to every other game it seems like.As I blank screen I mean it shows no graphics of any kind at all. The emulator is still running normally and fine as well as the audio. Same thing happens with 1103 as well. Although I did see when it loaded it said missing CSAA. What is that? That could be the problem. The only rev, of 3.5 I have that seems to work with OpenGL fine is 663. All others do the same thing as what I mentioned for 1025 and so forth.
The problem is definitely on your end. I've tried 3.5-15XX builds at the latest (been a while since I compiled the latest), but OpenGL has been working for me for quite a while.

Try updating your drivers first. Also, make sure other backends don't have similar issues (yes, even try Software Rendering).
My drivers are up to date and all other backends work including software. Its just OpenGL that doesn't.
I have the same graphics card you do (Other than a BIOS mod and overclocking) Smile

You said "every game it feels like". Which other games have you played exactly?

Also you said the DX backends work fine. There arent very many games that I know of that require OpenGL to function, so I suppose the question to ask yourself is how badly do you want OpenGL to work. Because the fact is, it is certainly something on your system and tracking it down may take a good amount of time and work.

If it really means alot, try running FurMark. It uses OpenGL and see if the test looks and runs normally.
Forgot to post this earlier, but 3.5-663 (8767b30f75db5732023d9ebf9d93573f3b839e50) was the last revision/commit to the master branch before the GLSL merge on 3.5-1025 (e1a081ad2dee7127e6c1fe2827eb1eb59ca24c6e). IIRC, some AMD GPUs had various issues. I'm not sure, but I think some of the issues are on-going. Have a look at the Google Code page for known issues relating to the GLSL merge.
I just like OpenGL better. IS it an absolute necessity? No not really but I think it looks better than DX11 does though. So I tend to want to use whats the best looking I can get. Also FurMark runs fine for me.

P.S I wish I can make my card a 6970. I cant even change the bios on it either.. Maybe because its been factory OC'd? Have no idea..
It needs to be a reference 6950 2GB for the upgrade to work if memory serves.