Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Windwaker Combat Lag
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My system is a little on the low side, but running around I'm almost always at 100% after I did a fair amount of tweaking/updating. When I enter combat though I dip to about 20 fps and sit there till i'm out of combat. Doesn't spike when I hit something, doesn't spike with animations, just sits there until I get out of combat.

I run an
older i7 950 @ 3.07
GTX 460
12gb ram

I've tried lowering down resolutions, disabling SSAA, not much seems to give me steady combat. Should this just be what I should expect with my system or am I missing something?
It's normal IIRC. DSP HLE should fix this though. DSP LLE appears to have a sample limit or something before it goes onto it's knees
But be careful HLE is known to have some issues with freezing in WW.
You *could* also just overclock and keep using LLE. I'd say it's better to warm your legs a bit than to have to worry about or deal with the HLE hangs.
(08-08-2013, 07:33 AM)pauldacheez Wrote: [ -> ]You *could* also just overclock and keep using LLE. I'd say it's better to warm your legs a bit than to have to worry about or deal with the HLE hangs.
I don't mind OCing a bit, but not sure how much benefit I'd get or what I'd need to push to.
You'd definitely benefit from it, seeing as you're hitting a CPU bottleneck, but I can't say any more than that. I don't own any Nehalem hardware and I don't own anything overclockable, so I can only speculate. v_v;
Just buy an aftermarket cooler (like CM 212 Evo) if you don't have one , a aftermarket thermal paste Arctic MX-4
You can push your CPU somewhere around 3.6->4.0GHz . Keep CPU Vcore lower than 1.35V
Bumped up to 3.8GHz with 1.225, and I've had an aftermarket cooler for awhile with AS5 but just haven't really needed it yet. I'll be playing a bit later tonight when I get home and we'll see what that does. Cross fingers!
You don't need to overclock that high to run this game with HLE audio. Just right click on the game in the game list and select properties, then make sure there is a check in the "DSP HLE Emulation" box.
(08-08-2013, 12:17 PM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You don't need to overclock that high to run this game with HLE audio. Just right click on the game in the game list and select properties, then make sure there is a check in the "DSP HLE Emulation" box.
I think he was referring to running it with LLE due to the crashes that seem to happen sometimes with HLE.
Pages: 1 2 3