Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Dolphin crashes every 15 minutes, PRECISELY.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sup people,

I rarely post my problems on forums because I usually can find easily on Google, because of people having the same problems.
I've searched a lot, and still didn't find anything.

My dolphin works great, even with x4, I'm having fun and all... Suddently, Dolphin crashes.
Ok, no beggie, I restart it, play Super Mario sunshine... after some time, again, it crashes.
I tried changing some settings like the CPU renderer, the video backend... Nothing.

I was unsure if it was exactly at the same time... it felt like it. So I re-opened Dolphin, started the game and timed it. It is EXACTLY 15 minutes.

So, everytime I play, I know dolphin will crash every 15 minutes and I don't know how to fix it. It seems like there's few people who has that problem. I've read on a forum post that "if it crashes for you, it will likely crash with any versions what so ever."

But I can't believe there's no way to fix this.

Please help! Sad

Thanks ! Big Grin
There's quite a few things that could be the issue.

When exactly did it start happening?
What does the crash message say? Screenshot/copy paste all text here.
If possible, make a screenshot of the programs you're running via the task manager -> process list and post it here.
If it is precisely 15 minutes then that may coincide with something else going on with your PC that causes Dolphin to tweak out.

Also you didnt tell us the revision you are using/have tried.

Edit:
Ninja'ed
It started to happen as soon as I tried for the first time Dolphin. At first I didn't really see it because I spent a lot of time tweaking my settings so it's optimal, meaning I wasn't playing for 15 minutes. It crashes without any reports. The program crashes "has stopped working" .

You want me to screenshot my processes while Dolphin is running?

I'm sorry, I'm using 3.5. It does the exact same thing on 3.5-367. Haven't tried anything else.
Try the latest revision downloaded from here:
https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Try something newer, then. 3.5 and 3.5-367 are pretty old at this point; current dev builds are in the 3.5-1700s. https://dolphin-emu.org/download/
Yeah, I took 3.5 because I thought it was more stable than the dev builds. I'll try the 3.5-1722, and I'll check out if it bugs after 15 minutes again. Smile

BTW, Thanks for the help. really appreciate it. :3

BRB. ^_^

Oh no. It crashed. Same deal, it has stopped working.

Funny though, this time it's not 15 minutes, I THINK.

I started calculating from when I started the game, but I think it's as soon as I start dolphin.

I forgot to set up my controller at first, aswell as graphics, so I had to restart, it took about 2 minutes.

The time when it crashed is 12m30s.
Yeah no, it's still exactly 15 minutes. The time may differ from games I think... Super Mario Sunshine is exactly 15 minutes though. It's so wierd.
Oh, looks like I found the solution.

I changed DSP HLE to LLE, and I changed the driver from XAudio2 to Direct Sound.
You'll want to use HLE on most other games, though – LLE can pretty easily require more CPU power than your 3570 can provide, so don't use it where it's unnecessary. There's only ~20 games that actually have any trouble with HLE on current builds; they use the Zelda µcode while every other game uses AX/AXWii. I'll give you the list I keep pasting everywhere:

Spoiler:
So, for these games, right-click > Properties, uncheck "DSP HLE emulation". You can leave the thing in the DSP settings on HLE.
Pages: 1 2