Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Sound problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I am using Dolphin r6515 which is quite fast and all was working well until today where when i launch a game there is sound but you can barely hear sound effects, it's so low, in fact in SSBB you can't actually hear the sound effect when the guy normally in brawl says ''Free for all''. I tried LLE but my specs are WAY TO LOW Undecided .It was working well before that Confused

My specs :

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+
Dual core
2.0 GB ram
Nvidia Geforce 6150se nForce 430 (i know Sad but i can play SSBB full speed well near full speed)

Thank You
r6515? Why are you using such an old build?

I suppose you could up the volume from 75% to 100% on the audio settings tab. Other than that, I dont know.

You are going to have to go up to at least 3.5 before getting any additional support I would wager.
I use an old build because the new builds are super slow compared the the older one, i have 3.5 but don't use it.
Well there's your problem. If you use old builds you are going to run into fixed issues, just like that.

Which is why old builds are unsupported. You're on your own with this one.
(08-08-2013, 03:17 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Well there's your problem. If you use old builds you are going to run into fixed issues, just like that.

Alright i'm going to see if it works, thanks.

(08-08-2013, 03:21 AM)Nick9581 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-08-2013, 03:17 AM)MaJoR Wrote: [ -> ]Well there's your problem. If you use old builds you are going to run into fixed issues, just like that.

Alright i'm going to see if it works, thanks.
I've just dowloaded 3.5 and it still super low.
3.5 isnt what is super slow, your rig is unfortunately. You are going to need better hardware if you are to run newer builds.

No need blaming the emulator because your PC cant keep up Smile
(08-08-2013, 03:48 AM)haddockd Wrote: [ -> ]3.5 isnt what is super slow, your rig is unfortunately. You are going to need better hardware if you are to run newer builds.

No need blaming the emulator because your PC cant keep up Smile
I know that's why i keep playing in older build but what i meant was that even on 3.5 i can't hear the sound effects.
If you are going to use an old build, at least use 3.0. It's relatively close to what you were using speed wise but is well known to work with Brawl and HLE. You'll still have sound problems, don't get me wrong, but it should be better without much of a speed hit.
The audio was apparently completely fixed with 3.5 HLE rewrite (I think 1150 or somewhere in there). Since you arent able to use LLE, that is going to be the only thing.
Before HLE rewrite by Delroth (3.5-78 for version 1 and 3.5-1154 for version 2) the sound sucked in 80% of games. The only solution was LLE.
So don't be surprised if you encounter sound issues here and there with any build before HLE rewrite
Pages: 1 2