Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: What can i run?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What in all can the computer i use to play dolphin run?
This is the wrong forum... I think. But your computer can run dolphin reasonably ok. Don't expect full speed on demanding games with LLE audio or demanding games with hle audio but some lightweight games like legend of zelda wind waker, SSBM melee/brawl, NSMB wii will work decently.
And now it's in the right forum.

@Shadicbypass - It's actually better to come to us with specific games you want to play. Dolphin's hardware requirements can range from any old OEM computer in Best Buy nowadays to serious "enthusiast" equipment. You'll get ambiguous answers (e.g. "Some games good, some games bad") if your hardware will generally get middle-of-the-road performance.
(08-06-2013, 12:32 PM)Shonumi Wrote: [ -> ]And now it's in the right forum.

@Shadicbypass - It's actually better to come to us with specific games you want to play. Dolphin's hardware requirements can range from any old OEM computer in Best Buy nowadays to serious "enthusiast" equipment. You'll get ambiguous answers (e.g. "Some games good, some games bad") if your hardware will generally get middle-of-the-road performance.
ok can i play the metriod prime series on this laptop. I have already tested shadow the hedgehog and it has full speed even without the overclock function on during the cutscenes. I was not able to test the actual gameplay though because it kept freezing at the loading screen to the first stage. I did test digimon world 4 too and got full speed in the cutscenes, gameplay and anything else. I am gonna test metriod prime for myself tomorrow.
(08-06-2013, 01:18 PM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]can i play the metriod prime series on this laptop

No
(08-06-2013, 09:51 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-06-2013, 01:18 PM)Shadicbypass Wrote: [ -> ]can i play the metriod prime series on this laptop

No
You sure because the Republic of gamers G73JH has run everything else i have thrown at it fine without using the overclock function built in and without even getting hot.

But if you are sure what would be the lowest cpu and gpu that could handle playing metriod prime and metriod prime 2 echos.
You sure have such confidence with that weak CPU Big Grin
Quote:overclock function built in
Your CPU is not an extreme edition i7 , there is no way you can overclock it via bios
I'm afraid you're confused between Turbo Boost and Overclock
(08-06-2013, 11:29 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]You sure have such confidence with that weak CPU Big Grin
Quote:overclock function built in
Your CPU is not an extreme edition i7 , there is no way you can overclock it via bios
I'm afraid you're confused between Turbo Boost and Overclock
no it is not a extreme edition but it is built by asus and i am telling you the facts of what it has accomplished. it has run all the shadow the hedgehog cutscenes full speed at 60 fps solid no problems. I have played the game on a real gamecube i know what speed it should be going at and it has played digimon world 4 full speed game play and everything. I f you have researched the laptop i am talking about i am not talking about intel turbo mode i am talking about the twin turbo mode build into the ROG laptop series that is built for gaming. Twin turbo mode is a instant overclock button. If that does not tell you what i am alking about i am talking about this computer.
Then what's your CPU clock speed when Dolphin is running (Use Realtemp to check . Twin turbo mode must be turned on )
Did you think we could answer your question without knowing anything about your CPU ?
Quote:it has run all the shadow the hedgehog cutscenes full speed at 60 fps solid no problems
Only cutscenes full speed ? It's not a demanding game anyway
Metroid Prime Series are all demanding games
(08-06-2013, 11:48 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]Then what's your CPU clock speed when Dolphin is running (Use Realtemp to check . Twin turbo mode must be turned on )
Did you think we could answer your question without knowing anything about your CPU ?
Quote:it has run all the shadow the hedgehog cutscenes full speed at 60 fps solid no problems
Only cutscenes full speed ? It's not a demanding game anyway
Metroid Prime Series are all demanding games
I was not able to get into gameplay because the loading screen kept freezing so yes only cutscenes and i will find out the clockspeed when a little later when i can and i when use metriod prime to test it and share the results.
Pages: 1 2 3