Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Stuttering Audio
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Domonic

Hello,

I have been searching trying to find a fix for my issue but have come up short. The problem I have is when the games fps drop I get a horrible skipping in my audio. at 25 fps it seems that I will get about 50% audio (for every quarter second that plays there is a quarter second skip). When my fps are at 30 it sometimes is still a issue but not that bad. I am running dolphin 3.5-1686 x64, I have tried the stable release, the x86 release and some older releases as well. Here are my specs:

i5 750 64-bit
ATI Radeon HD 6950 (MSI Afterburner overclock)
8gb ram
Windows Vista ( yea i know, but i am too cheap to upgrade)

I would post my configuration but have tried every conceivable options available, even tried razer's game boost. Any ideas on how to stabilize the sound so it is not choppy?
Quote:Stuttering Audio
That's normal when game not run at full speed
Overclock your CPU (3.6GHz or higher )to get more FPS if you haven't done it already

Domonic

(08-05-2013, 01:48 PM)admin89 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Stuttering Audio
That's normal when game not run at full speed
Overclock your CPU (3.6GHz or higher )to get more FPS if you haven't done it already
So, I am a idiot, after thinking i tried something, after posting this I was reading the forums and saw a VBeam speed trick, and I ignored it before thinking I had already tried it, but I tried it again and it seemed to work! Thank you for the reply Big Grin