Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Can i run it?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering if i can run Baldurs gate : Dark alliance. When i try i lag very hard when im ingame, this only seems to happen with dark alliance though. Is there something im missing here?

AMD phenom x4 955 Proccessor 3.20 GHz
4gb of ram
ATI radeon HD 5700
64-bit operating system.

Any help appreciated Smile
You're not doing anything wrong, it's just one of those games that runs slow on weaker hardware. You may have to just forget about this game unless you're willing to heavily overclock or buy a better CPU.
(08-05-2013, 04:39 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]You're not doing anything wrong, it's just one of those games that runs slow on weaker hardware. You may have to just forget about this game unless you're willing to heavily overclock or buy a better CPU.
What exactly is overlocking ur cpu? is it dangerous? can it overheat the computer? do i have to do it with tools or just use my mouse and keyboard? Smile
To overclock means to raise your CPU´s current clock speed. You can do this in the BIOS setup options or using specially designed overclocking programs. And yes, since the CPU will run faster, higher temps are normal (depending on how much you raised the speed).

Also, if it´s your first time O.C.ing the processor, it will sound dangerous (and it´s dangerous).
(08-05-2013, 07:16 AM)oliverfrancisco Wrote: [ -> ]To overclock means to raise your CPU´s current clock speed. You can do this in the BIOS setup options or using specially designed overclocking programs. And yes, since the CPU will run faster, higher temps are normal (depending on how much you raised the speed).

Also, if it´s your first time O.C.ing the processor, it will sound dangerous (and it´s dangerous).
dang, wish they had released the console version of dark alliance on pc. Sad and ps2 emulator works slower then dolphin so i wont be using that