Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: Should I take an 'Nvidia GeForce GT 610 2GB' or 'ATI Radeon 5450 2GB'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I'm buying a new PC: (Acer M290) Core i3 with 4GB RAM and have a choice between an 'Nvidia GeForce GT 610 2GB' or 'ATI Radeon 5450 2GB'.

Which would be a better choice for Dolphin emulator?

Thanks in anticipation.
None of them are good choice for Dolphin . Either 5450 or 610 , you will end up with the same resolution as the wii (480p) .Not mention you can't run demanding games full speed with an i3 CPU -> What's the point of using Dolphin since you can't get higher resolution than the wii . The Wii is cheaper and better , older version of the wii support GC games too
Quote:I'm buying a new PC

:/
An OEM PC is never be good for your money , you should buy components and build your own PC .That's way cheaper and better
I could help you in choosing components but you have to tell me where you live and your preferred online shopping site
An APU like A10 6800k kill the combo i3 + 5450 / GT 610 . APU does not need a graphic card because A10 6800k's integrated GPU is as fast as 6670 GDDR5 / GT 640 . APU is cheaper too
Quote:Acer M290

Don`t give these suckers anymoney, they buy the cheapest hardware there is and sell it to you 2 or 3 times its real cost.

neither of those cards is good, both are the bottom of their line from Nvidia and Ati

Quote:What's the point of using Dolphin since you can't get higher resolution than the wii

There are several more reasons to use Dolphin than the Hi definition

- you have a dead Wii/GC with lots of games but you don`t wanna get another Wii/GC because you don`t like to be ripped-of twice.

- you want to play imports/obscure games you couldn`t get through normal means

- you never got a GC or a Wii and want to try it.

- other not so nice reasons like the ones i have to use Dolphin instead of a Real Wii/GC.
(08-04-2013, 11:08 PM)omega_rugal Wrote: [ -> ]- you want to play imports/obscure games you couldn`t get through normal means

Yeah don't forget you're supposed to own these games though
Thanks Guys,

But I have no other choice of PC - Acer M290 is the only sensible one I can afford, I mean thats why Im settling for an i3. If I had the money Id definitely take something better - maybe an i7 (i wish)
I mean, what I have now is an hp laptop (nc6400 with intel core2 CPU T5600 running at 1.8GHz; 1GB of RAM and the onboard intel graphics) surely the M290 i3 with 4GB RAM and an nvidia/ati card could give me better performance?
I would not go for components as all suppliers in my (geographic)location sell the most rubbish cheap stuff that hardly performs and hardly works - Ive been on that road before

Current situation is, I can play some Mario games (Im a fan of Mario) like Kart wii, Galaxy 2, super mario bros Wii, Party5, 9; but many others like Mario & Sonic at the Olympic games just dont start - the intro/splash works well but the actual game just freezes.

So I want to mostly play Mario and as at the moment I cant afford anything better, I feel it would be good to upgrade to the M290.

Lets say for now I take the M290 (Core i3) with either the Nvidia (GT610) or ATi (5450) and in the near future I take a better graphics card; would that be a good solution?

And again, since my choice is limited, which of the 2 graphics card would be a better one?
(08-04-2013, 11:22 PM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah don't forget you're supposed to own these games though
Hell yeah, all of us own everything we put in Dolphin. Big Grin
(08-04-2013, 11:32 PM)MuhammadK Wrote: [ -> ]which of the 2 graphics card would be a better one?

Both will give you the same performance. So it's up to you!
The 610 is better
Quote: If I had the money Id definitely take something better - maybe an i7
i7 is not better than i5 in Dolphin :/
It seems like you don't get it . AN OEM/prebuilt PC like that Acer M290 is overpriced . I could build a much better PC for the same price
You avoid building your own PC but let Acer people do that for you . Did you think they would do it for free ?
So CPU wise, i3 is OK?
Pages: 1 2