Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: How about making of video showcases?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently had this idea and wanted to discuss it with the people in the forum to see how you like it, basically what I want to do is along with the wiki page of the games that show information about the game and things like that, maybe I can make some videos of my computer handling said game with Dolphin, showing my specs and configuration so people would have more or less a more clear idea of how the game runs. What do you guys think? I know many game entries in the wiki already have gameplay videos but maybe this could be so people can see how it runs in another configuration or with another system. Or maybe make a section in the forums so people can upload short videos on how their systems run different games. This is only an idea and I know it's not very well thought out but I really want to do something for the Dolphin community
(08-04-2013, 06:37 AM)linker357 Wrote: [ -> ]So I recently had this idea and wanted to discuss it with the people in the forum to see how you like it, basically what I want to do is along with the wiki page of the games that show information about the game and things like that, maybe I can make some videos of my computer handling said game with Dolphin, showing my specs and configuration so people would have more or less a more clear idea of how the game runs. What do you guys think? I know many game entries in the wiki already have gameplay videos but maybe this could be so people can see how it runs in another configuration or with another system. Or maybe make a section in the forums so people can upload short videos on how their systems run different games. This is only an idea and I know it's not very well thought out but I really want to do something for the Dolphin community
You mean that any Dolphin user will upload a video testing a determined game in any settings?
Yes, the point is to show how different games run on different systems and this will help newcomers see how their pc would run certain game or how it would come close to it
1. There are already a huge number of youtube videos for each of the popular games with a wide range of different builds, settings, and hardware. They just don't post them on the wiki page since all it would do is fill the page with useless spam. Increasing page load times and taking more time to scroll through the information.
2. This has no benefit over what we do now. What benefit is there to showing someone the game running at 35 fps instead of posting a text entry saying it ran at 35 fps? We already have people post their settings, build, and hardware configuration along with the performance they got. They just don't do it in video form.
Oh..alright then, just wanted to do something for the community
There's a lot of stuff you could do for the community if you really want to help.

1. Participate in the WW cpu benchmark if you haven't already.
2. Help with language translations.
3. Help with the FAQ or write a guide.
4. Test new builds. Find and report issues on google code.
5. Bisect existing issues on google code to track down the revision that caused them.
6. Help devs test new branches on googlecode.
7. Make a GPU benchmark if you really know what you're doing.
8. Edit/Improve game wiki entries and game .ini settings.
9. Take screenshots to use for the website.
10. Lurk and help other users that are having issues on the forums. Especially those in the support section of the forums.
11. Make a texture pack and post it if you have any artistic skills.
12. Make a code patch and post it if you have any programming skills.
13. And many many more....
(08-04-2013, 08:40 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]There's a lot of stuff you could do for the community if you really want to help.

1. Participate in the WW cpu benchmark if you haven't already.
2. Help with language translations.
3. Help with the FAQ or write a guide.
4. Test new builds. Find and report issues on google code.
5. Bisect existing issues on google code to track down the revision that caused them.
6. Help devs test new branches on googlecode.
7. Make a GPU benchmark if you really know what you're doing.
8. Edit/Improve game wiki entries and game .ini settings.
9. Take screenshots to use for the website.
10. Lurk and help other users that are having issues on the forums. Especially those in the support section of the forums.
11. Make a texture pack and post it if you have any artistic skills.
12. Make a code patch and post it if you have any programming skills.
13. And many many more....
I don't really have design skills or programming experience, my thing is more with music but one thing in which I can help are language translations, my mother language is spanish so if the devs need translation to spanish in anything I can totally help with that, it's just a matter of letting me know. As soon as I start up my pc the first thing I do is go into the forums and read threads to provide information or solutions with what I know
Unfortunately for you spanish is one of the most common languages on the internet. We likely have lots of fluent spanish speaking forum members that have already translated everything.

Actually I just checked the transifex page and indeed it is already done: https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/dolphin-emu/
Quote:5. Bisect existing issues on google code to track down the revision that caused them.
Quoting for emphasis.